Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, what do you guys think about wheel spacers? I mean I love my rims but I would like them to be a little more flush with the side of the car. So what do you think? Does anyone run into any problems with wheel spacers?
Thank you, Here is the brand I got: www.bonoss.com

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi Ellenamy,

I use them but mine are just a few mm in thickness as that is all I need. No issues with them over the years. The bonoss spacers look to be of nice quality. They have centering rings integrated which is also very nice. As long as you torque them down they they shouldn't be an issue. How thick did you get?

·
Registered
260 Posts
For context, i worked in a speed shop specializing in wheels from 02-08 so i'm speaking from experience on a large array of vehicles. i'm not a fan of them. I think if you're not happy how your wheel fits you need different wheels. if you must use them make sure they're hubcentric like Litespeed said or at least use a hubcentric ring adapter. a few mm isn't going to hurt anything, but i saw a lot of trashed wheel bearings when guys would use the 1" thick ones that bolt on to the existing studs and give you new studs. They were never balanced well either, so you would get vibrations in the steering wheel, especially under hard braking. I recall once we had a long time customer using them on a 350Z with lots of vibrations, darting off to the side under braking, and steering wheel shake on the highway. We tried mounting the adapter to the wheel then balancing the whole wheel/tire/spacer assembly and it improved things but still had vibrations and was unpredictable under hard braking. If you're going to use them, look for something from a reputable company. If memory serves Eibach makes spacers, and they're one of my most trusted companies. Not sure how common it is to find balanced spacers, but i would consider it essential.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I have to run 1" spacers on the front to clear my Genesis Brembos with my Enkei NT03+M 9.5 +40 for the last 2 years. Not one problem yet...I daily drive it in the summer time only, but I drive it all the time on the highway for long periods of time. The only issue I have is tire wear, I use Conti DWS-06 since the weather here is unpredictable even in the summer time and it wears out pretty quickly. I would say it last me 1.5 summers since I do weekly 4 hour drives back and forth on the weekends. They are hub centric spacers too and no vibration or wobbling problems.

I would advise avoiding that big of a spacer just to reduce strain on ball joints etc. hence why I am looking for BBK friendly rims at least on the fronts next summer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts