Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TSXY
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to the site but have been looking at it for a while. The wife and I just ordered a 05 TSX non/navi. My questions are I am wanting to get some wheels but don't know how wide of a wheel will fit without rubbing. I am either going to get 19's or 20's. How wide of a wheel will fit in either of those sizes and what offset should I get if I am wanting to have them tuck under the fenders? Thanks for the help guys

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Are you planning on dropping?

You need to drop it to get the tucked look; 19s or 20s on stock ride height will look even more lifted than stock.

If you drop, then you need to make sure that the tire diameter you choose is not larger than stock.

With that in mind, you have some flexibility with your width and offset. To keep the tires inside the wheels wells, a 7.5" 48 offset would be perfect. There's people running 8" low 40 offset with 235 width, and they're flush, but not really tucked.

·
TSXY
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I'm planning on lowering but probably only an inch or two. Is it possible to run 19's with a width of 8.5 to 9? I'm looking to get the deep lip look. What would be a good drop with 19's or 20's? thanks again

·
Mr GenK-JomBLo
191 Posts
JReed said:
Yes I'm planning on lowering but probably only an inch or two. Is it possible to run 19's with a width of 8.5 to 9? I'm looking to get the deep lip look. What would be a good drop with 19's or 20's? thanks again
as far as I know
front max : 8"
and rear max : 8.5"

19" : should use 45 offset
20" : not sure ... maybe 40-43

hope it helps.

·
TSXY
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
genk-jomblo said:
as far as I know
front max : 8"
and rear max : 8.5"

19" : should use 45 offset
20" : not sure ... maybe 40-43

hope it helps.
yes that does help thanks genk :thumbsup: Im hoping I can find some wheels to buy soon.

·
TSXY
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
me too! I have to sell some other wheels and tires first though. I am wanting to get 19 or 20 inch IForged wheels. So I will be saving for a bit. I still need to post up some pics of the car stock, I'll work on that soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.