Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey TSXClub community!

I owned a TSX for awhile now but I'm new to the whole modification thing.

I looked around the internet and this forum, but I can't seem to find anything about where to put the ballast and the extra wires for the HID Fog light kit.

I did find some people who screwed the ballast on, but I don't want to do that. Is there people here that used zip ties or another method to hold the ballast and extra wires for the HID fog light kits? If so, how did you do it and where did you zip tie it to?

Thank you so much!

New member,
Jason

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
3M mounting tape to any convenient flat space that the length of wires allows you to. :)
Zip tied the extra wiring together and to the existing fog wiring. Pretty simple. You won't mess it up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3M mounting tape to any convenient flat space that the length of wires allows you to. :)
Zip tied the extra wiring together and to the existing fog wiring. Pretty simple. You won't mess it up.

3M mounting tape is double sided tape right?

Also, did you use 3M mounting tape for your fog light's ballast too? How did you set up your fog light?

I'm thinking about purchasing HIDExtra 3000K Fog light kit:
H11 3000k HID Headlight Conversion Kit | HID Extra

Do you know if I need a capacitor for the HID 3000 fog lights?
Universal HID Capacitor (Pair) - HIDeXtra.com

I know its a lot of questions, and I'm grateful for your help. Thank you so much for your reply!

Bests,
Jason

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
3M mounting tape is double sided tape right?

Also, did you use 3M mounting tape for your fog light's ballast too? How did you set up your fog light?

I'm thinking about purchasing HIDExtra 3000K Fog light kit:
H11 3000k HID Headlight Conversion Kit | HID Extra

Do you know if I need a capacitor for the HID 3000 fog lights?
Universal HID Capacitor (Pair) - HIDeXtra.com

I know its a lot of questions, and I'm grateful for your help. Thank you so much for your reply!

Bests,
Jason

Double sided mounting tape is for ballast. HID kit is just for the bulb, plugs right into your fog light socket (H11).

No capacitor needed.

55W is brighter and HOTTER than 35W. 35W already is prone to cracking the fog lens in winter (cold to hot quickly).

Most ppl rock the DDM tuning kit. Cheap and will get you what you need.

3000K is yellow, and great for wet/rainy conditions. May want to find a bulb that is also tinted yellow/gold (more yellow output).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Double sided mounting tape is for ballast. HID kit is just for the bulb, plugs right into your fog light socket (H11).

No capacitor needed.

55W is brighter and HOTTER than 35W. 35W already is prone to cracking the fog lens in winter (cold to hot quickly).

Most ppl rock the DDM tuning kit. Cheap and will get you what you need.

3000K is yellow, and great for wet/rainy conditions. May want to find a bulb that is also tinted yellow/gold (more yellow output).

Ahhh! Okay. Thank you so much.

Yeah. I read on the forums here that DDM Tuning is popular. I actually started a thread about DDMTuning HID Fog lights kit, because I didn't know about the purchases.

If I do buy DDM Tuning, I order these, right?:
DDM Tuning 35W and 55W HID Kits

And when purchasing the HID foglight kit, do you need to also purchase the mounting brackets, HID Harness, Error Eliminator, or Adaptor cables?

I'm sorry if they are noobie questions, but I'm still learning. :D
Thank you so much for your help!

Bests,
Jason

·
Registered
149 Posts
i used zipties because theyre awesome... and ddm kit is the way to go, i rock 6k for fogs and lows. you can see in the pic where i zip tied and a pic of 6k hids
:spin: yes you want slim ballast. low beams are d2s and fogs are h11 i believe. you dont need i kit for the low beams. only the fogs. i bought the mounting brackets just in case i needed them, i think i used one of them. but you dont need any of the error eliminators or anything. i recommend 35w too because 55w is obnoxious and can do damage or attract cops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts