Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My auto installer did a great job on the antenna location. I forced him to put it right on the lip of the moon roof. He said that I was nuts since the moon roof tilted back into the vehicle and it could potentially damage my antenna wire. The result: the reception (Terk XMicro antenna) is so much better there than being in the front or back of the roof. I guess I wasn't that crazy and the wire is fine! XM Radio people love my antenna's size and location. It's so discreet. The "not an ashtray" was replaced by the XM Commander. The problem is, that after going about 45-60 mph, you can hear the engine noise through the radio. It's a whining noise. At first it started at 20mph when it was grounded to the radio. It was then grounded somewhere else and now it begins at around 45-60 mph. Where would be a better/best place to ground the XM Commander?

·
Registered
549 Posts
is it fm modulated or connected through the snhond3? if it is direct connected with the snhond3 you can get a ground loop isloater from radio shack (ehh $16) and that will work... if it is fm modulated you are screwed... but i would go out and get the snhond3 and the ground loop isloator - the quality is a million times better :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts