Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
I got my black enkei rpf1's from tirerack. everything went smoothly and they will mount and balance for free if you buy tires too.

·
"That's what she said!"
118 Posts
^ Word.... I got my Enkei EKM3 wheels from tirerack.com and the transaction went smoothly. And they have super fast shipping. I got my wheels in two days.

·
Jeff
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about the tpms things? do u have to put those on before u mount your tires?

and if im getting 18x7.5s 48 offset do i have to do any fender rolling or camber adjustments? im stll not familiar with these numbers

·
5,412 Posts
what about the tpms things? do u have to put those on before u mount your tires?

and if im getting 18x7.5s 48 offset do i have to do any fender rolling or camber adjustments? im stll not familiar with these numbers
what year is your car? i see in your profile info that it says 2005. Tire pressure monitors are only needed for 07-08.

I have a set of 18x7.5 +48 black enkei rpf1's. 18x7.5 +48 is considered to be super conservative and you won't need any fender rolling or camber adjustments to make them fit. Get 225/40/18 tires and you'll be set. The only reason I got a rear camber kit is because the natural camber in the rear is too much when lowered. At about 1 finger gap all around, the front camber was around -1 natural, while the rear camber was about -3.5 natural. I now run -1.5 camber in the rear for looks and tire wear. Here are some pics so you can get an idea of how they'll look.

Before Alignment:

After Alignment:

Stock height:

5mm spacers all around:

When I got them from tirerack:

How it looks today (10mm spacers up front and 15mm in the back):
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/tsx-month/46694-july-2010-tsx-month.html

·
5,412 Posts
Overall, I'd say that you'll either love the black or you'll hate it. Some people think it looks cheap cause theres too much black and some like the no frills look. Personally, I like how they look and they look a lot better in person.

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
^+1. Also it depends on the wheel. Enkei RPF1's in satin black look great! I'm a little biased since I have a set on my S:laugh:

·
Jeff
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what year is your car? i see in your profile info that it says 2005. Tire pressure monitors are only needed for 07-08.

I have a set of 18x7.5 +48 black enkei rpf1's. 18x7.5 +48 is considered to be super conservative and you won't need any fender rolling or camber adjustments to make them fit. Get 225/40/18 tires and you'll be set. The only reason I got a rear camber kit is because the natural camber in the rear is too much when lowered. At about 1 finger gap all around, the front camber was around -1 natural, while the rear camber was about -3.5 natural. I now run -1.5 camber in the rear for looks and tire wear. Here are some pics so you can get an idea of how they'll look.

Before Alignment:

After Alignment:

Stock height:

5mm spacers all around:

When I got them from tirerack:

How it looks today (10mm spacers up front and 15mm in the back):
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/tsx-month/46694-july-2010-tsx-month.html

very nice ride, i remember when i was searchin rpf1s, i came across these exact pictures and thats wat settled my decision on getting them in the future :]
i am a bit lowered, and im planning to get some csts before gettin new wheels, so would a finger gap require a camber kit?

Overall, I'd say that you'll either love the black or you'll hate it. Some people think it looks cheap cause theres too much black and some like the no frills look. Personally, I like how they look and they look a lot better in person.
i like black on white a lot also, never liked the look of chrome for some reason =\ black with blue strips would look pretty cool to match the inside blue leds tho! bu the only ones ive seen like those are the wedgesports and axis halos.. im a noob lol

·
5,412 Posts
read this thread to learn more about whether or not you need a rear camber kit.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-suspension/17359-do-i-need-camber-kit.html

I got a camber kit because -3.5 degrees camber in the back was too much for my liking both visually and functionally. I don't like to have a lot of negative camber if i don't need to have it, especially on such a conservative wheel setup. Some will say you need one, some will say that you don't. If you're ok with about -3.5 degrees camber in the back then save your money, but don't forget to get an alignment after you do your suspension.

·
Jeff
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thanks for the info! lastly, what tires do u recommend? ive read a couple good things about the falkens

·
5,412 Posts
General UHP Exclaims if you're on a budget

Yokohama s.drives if you have a little bigger budget.

I have both and I like the s.drives better but for the price, the generals are hard to beat. Tirerack had a special where you buy 4 general uhp tires they'd send you a $100 visa gift card. Total for the wheels and tires came out to be around 1400-1500 after tax and shipping and center caps.

s.drives should be around 140ish per tire. look at the reviews on tirerack. they are pretty helpful.

·
Banned
19 Posts
NL motoring HUGE selection. I dont know a lot of the bigger wheels sellers cause I usually buy off Ebay for rims or from a local dealer for warranty purposes but i have ordered a handfull of sets from NL and they are very good with customer service and such.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts