Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I paid yesterday for a new TSX. My #1 choice is to get the car in arctic blue with the navi. But the dealer said that could take up to 3 months to find, even the blue might take a month he said. I said fine, Ill just take the blue without the navi. Today I decided I dont mind waiting for the navi so told him that. He said I should probably choose atleast one other color option so it wont take so long. Anyone have any ideas on where the dealer could find the car I want? Also, whats the meteor silver metallic like? The dealer has none on the lot, other than that I dont like the other colors really. Thanks!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Hello, and welcome :wavey:
I was in the same boat when I bought my car. My dealer did not have the color that I wanted, and I ended up putting a $500 deposit down, and placing my order. The dealer then got started on trying to locate the car I wanted. If they can find one locally, they will try to do a dealer trade to get it. Most dealers are not trading the TSX, due to supply and demand. I got lucky in that I went to another dealer, and what was rolling off the truck when I got there? The exact car I wanted!! So I ended up buying it from them, and had to get my deposit back from the other dealer.
So my advice is to shop around. If dealers in your area are also not doing trades, you may end up waiting with that dealer until another shipment gets here. :( I did most of my shopping on the internet. This is a great way to do it, as you get a quote in writing (which you can use to get a better deal elsewhere).
Best of luck finding your car, and please be sure and let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice. its too bad i already made the purchase. anyways, we got a great deal. i got it for $25,500 + taxes, tags, and $2000 for the navi. Its automatic. I dont know if im really willing to wait 3 months for this car. how long does it to make for dealerships to get new cars in? Do you guys think it could really take 3 months to find the arctic blue automatic w/navi? Any other options? Anything I can do to help the dealer find one? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hazarrd the total for the TSX with navigation is 27,500....thats a good deal, i got the same quote from one of the dealers near me, the problem with this whole thing is i called up yesterday to see if they has on the lot a TSX in white with nav, they said no, its like they cant even keep up with supply and demand

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
I waited 3 months because I wasn't willing to take a second choice.....they had to make mine and ship it over still. Get what you want don't settle for something else

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Hazarrd said:
.....Also, whats the meteor silver metallic like?
It's pretty rare, probably the rarest except maybe Indigo Blue which could give it a run for its money.

We haven't had too many pics of the Meteor Silver, but we have had at least a couple.
Here's one from our member DSM (hope he doesn't mind my stealing it):

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Hazarrd said:
Ok, so I paid yesterday for a new TSX. My #1 choice is to get the car in arctic blue with the navi. But the dealer said that could take up to 3 months to find, even the blue might take a month he said. I said fine, Ill just take the blue without the navi. Today I decided I dont mind waiting for the navi so told him that. He said I should probably choose atleast one other color option so it wont take so long. Anyone have any ideas on where the dealer could find the car I want? Also, whats the meteor silver metallic like? The dealer has none on the lot, other than that I dont like the other colors really. Thanks!
Welcome.

You stated that you "already made a purchase". Does that mean you already took delivery of the Non-Navi Artic Blue Pearl TSX? I am guessing you just put down a deposit for the Non-Navi ABP and have not yet paid/financed the entire vehicle because neither vehicle (Navi and Non-Navi ABP) was available on the lot. Please clarify.

Recommend that you try visiting other dealers YOURSELF and see if they have a delivery date that's closer than 3 months. Who knows, maybe you can even get a better deal.

(If you had put down only a deposit at the original dealer, it shouldn't be a problem getting it back. If you've already took delivery of Non-Navi TSX from the first dealership, that probably is too late).

I was told to wait 2 months for my TSX. I got it after 5 weeks so the wait may not be as long as it seems. . . then again, for some the wait was longer than promised.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I called up the dealership today and changed my order to a tsx WITH navi. I also went by the dealership to select another color to make the time go faster. I actually like the carbon grey a lot with the light grey interior. Looks real nice, they had one on the lot. Anyways, I told the guy to get me whichever one he could find first with a navigation. Thanks again, this site is great!

P.S. Ive been reading about a lot of "problems" people have with the tsx on this site. Is this normal with most new cars, or even all cars? Im guessing more people are motivated to post bad things about the car rather than good things since its expected to be a good car. What do you guys think about that?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Hazarrd said:
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I called up the dealership today and changed my order to a tsx WITH navi. I also went by the dealership to select another color to make the time go faster. I actually like the carbon grey a lot with the light grey interior. Looks real nice, they had one on the lot. Anyways, I told the guy to get me whichever one he could find first with a navigation. Thanks again, this site is great!

P.S. Ive been reading about a lot of "problems" people have with the tsx on this site. Is this normal with most new cars, or even all cars? Im guessing more people are motivated to post bad things about the car rather than good things since its expected to be a good car. What do you guys think about that?
Good moves, I'd say!

On the second thing, I think you're right, and it goes further than that. Yes, people are more motivated to say what's wrong than what isn't, and yes, that tendency is increased with a "luxury/near-luxury" car. But besides that, the people on car sites are probably more attuned to "every little thing" than the average person (yes, I plead guilty too :D ) and so we talk about things that most other people might not even notice. In fact, sometimes people here talk about things that even most of the members don't notice. After a while some people noticed that there's a little asymmetry of one aspect of the dashboard, and I checked, and darned if they weren't right -- but I never would have noticed.

And sometimes people try to convince us that we have problems even when we don't. When I said that my TSX doesn't have any rattles, some people were saying that yes, my car MUST have rattles because all TSX's probably have them, and if I don't think so it just means I'm not listening closely enough, or I'm not turning up the CD high enough, or the bass needs to be turned up more, or whatever. And they even guaranteed they could show me the rattles if I came by in my car. No thanks, I said. :D

The TSX is a great little car. With a new model, it's always a bit of a crapshoot, but on the TSX there seemed to be good reasons to believe it was likely the car would be great. And it is. I think the most noteworthy thing about what is said on the TSX sites is the almost total absence of any mention of major problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts