Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aright aready, i should have phrased that better...
My question is: Where could I get a used Head for a K24 engine. Is there an online used parts dealership that anyone knows of? Preferably where I can pay with plastic cash.
Also, which K24 HEADS can be used, without fear of piston/valve contact, i.e. CR-V or US Accord (PRB, PNC or PPA etc). I do not want to use a K20 Head, I need something where no extra work is required, where all the waterlines and whatnot line up.. Just add new headgasket and done.
Reason: I would like to have a 2nd Head here, which i can build with new cams and valvetrain, on my own, in my home, hence having less downtime on my daily drive. A "plop in and play" so to say.
Furthermore: Has anyone had experience with this product? TracTuff K Series VTC Limiter
I tried to zoom in to the install directions, but the are way too small... Does it seem like a legit answer to having a 25* vtc machined, or buying a 45* vtc from Hybridracing??
Thanks, in advance, for any help/infos/input you gents can give me!
ACC-Man

·
Registered
874 Posts
funny title lol Why the strip club of course hahah....stupid ? but have u checked the classifieds there are a few peeps selling their engines? also K20.org might have some ....you can contact rich or ryan at hondaautofair see if they have anything...

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/tsx-c...sx-parts-car-parting-out-many-good-parts.html

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/tsx-classifieds/60313-nj-06-tsx-part-out-all-oem-parts.html

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/tsx-c...bp-tsx-part-out-cfl-k24a2-black-interior.html

·
Former Lude Driver
65 Posts
If you're Germany, I have no idea. But, if you are in the states then as Dannyv said k20a.org is a good place to start. car-part. com is linked to a lot of junkyards here in the states and you can find decent parts for reasonable prices. Also, you can search craigslist. Use searchtempest.com to look all over the US/Canada and you may find a good deal there too.

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Heinz, I had seen that... got in touch with him, he is trying to sell a whole engine, for 500 euro, which is either a super deal, or a blown engine.. I was going to go and visit him, check out the engine, but i couldn't find a truck/stationwagon (combi) to drive up there with, so to drive the 200km one way just to look at it, and then maybe have to travel up again to pick it up, is/was too much... with these fuel prices here...!!!! have my eye on one on k20.org
greetings/gruesse
ACC-Man

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks K A N O, but I have sourced one, stateside. Due to my wife being in the Army, stationed over here, the shipping isn't that bad...
Not that I am Pro-Army, but they do take care of their soldiers, and hence their respectve spouces quite well.. Army has it's own post system, which is quite helpful at times, unless you (I) order unwieldy sized products/alcohol/fire arms... getting an exhaust over here meant having to get it "cut" cause it was a little (3 inches) too long for their regulations...
Thanks anyway
Acc-Man

·
Registered
720 Posts
Thanks K A N O, but I have sourced one, stateside. Due to my wife being in the Army, stationed over here, the shipping isn't that bad...
Not that I am Pro-Army, but they do take care of their soldiers, and hence their respectve spouces quite well.. Army has it's own post system, which is quite helpful at times, unless you (I) order unwieldy sized products/alcohol/fire arms... getting an exhaust over here meant having to get it "cut" cause it was a little (3 inches) too long for their regulations...
Thanks anyway
Acc-Man
ahhh nice one :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts