Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i was just wondering, are there any places to rent a manual car for a day or 2? Was just wondering since the places iv searched are all ATs.

·
Not A MOD3RATOR
4,329 Posts
I know some place does have it but you will need to call them ahead of time to book the manual car. I'm planning to LEARN how to drive manual on a rental car too...

·
Superhammatime
312 Posts
it's not really too hard to learn..

only reason I got an AT because I drive downtown daily ... and don't want a larger left leg than right leg!

·
, Chief SuperModerator, General
1,689 Posts
check out Gyro Mazda at Laird and Eglinton. They used to rent out manual cars but you have to book way in advance.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,569 Posts
Actually, you can go for 2-3 manual lesson. I learn how to drive manual by renting a miata from Gyro mazda many many yr ago. I spent ~$300 to rent it for a weekends and almost got hit by a trailer! scary...right! miata hit by a trailer.... :eek: So for my wife, I sent her to manual lesson and end up she took 3 lessons for ~$100 and safely learned how to drive manual.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,486 Posts
Thats not bad....$100 for lessons.

My younger brothers jsut brought a beater MT focus to learn to drive stick this summer. Maybe i'll trade in my tsx for the focus for a weekend to learn :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
You don't determine why you need a manual, however remember that if your goal is to figure out to drive stick, or teach somebody to drive stick, it's against the policy of every rental organization to have a driver under 21 and by and large you'll pay an extra charge for drivers under 25. You may be in an ideal situation purchasing an old utilized manual vehicle and afterward selling it when you're done.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nearly 12 years later...

You don't determine why you need a manual, however remember that if your goal is to figure out to drive stick, or teach somebody to drive stick, it's against the policy of every rental organization to have a driver under 21 and by and large you'll pay an extra charge for drivers under 25. You may be in an ideal situation purchasing an old utilized manual vehicle and afterward selling it when you're done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
11 Participants
shandalo
Acura TSX Forum
TSX Club is the perfect forum for Acura TSX fans and Owners, where you can discuss concerns about reliability or how to upgrade your TSX with mods and accessories.
Full Forum Listing