Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DESI SHER
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, how's it going?

I have a quick question. I have PLM Headers, Test Pipe, and a Tanabe SMH Catback Exhaust. The car is to loud for my taste. So I was thinking about adding a resonator into the exhaust. I don't mind cutting the catback exhaust and welding into it.

I'm not sure which one I should get or what length. But i had vibrant resonators in mind. I just don't want the overall body diameter of the resonator to be to big because my car if pretty low .. and i dont want to keep scraping that.

If someone can tell me which VIBRANT RESONATOR to buy ( with part number) that would be great

TIA EVERYONE

Here's how the car sounds now..
Ignore the little bird sound lol .. i had a gasket leak... but you hear how when i rev it.. it sounds like a fart cannon exhaust :'(

·
Registered
124 Posts
What is the catback size? 60mm? is this straight through muffler? If that is the case no resonator is going to help you. Little bit yes, but not much at all.
Your only bet is to fit some sort of silencer in the back of that thing.
Vibrant is great product, but again you have nothing to work with. Bottle style will not really reduce sound much and their oval one is probably too large and probably not enough anyway.
There are really only three possible choices:
Vibrant Performance ::.
or

If you go resonator route you might want to add cat converter back into this as that will help some more, but honestly if you prefer quiet exhaust, you should leave stock cat back in place and focus on header/cat combo for performance.
I have learned this hard way, trying to control sound on 2.5" straight through system back in the day, but I did my own welding and only had to pay for parts, in the end it all amounted to MAJOR time loss and marginal results. Came close, but had no pipe left in the end...

Nino

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.