Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to purchase a set of Works vsxx pretty soon but I’m having a hard time figuring out what fitment would be best without any fender work. My options are a set of 18x8 +38 or 18x8 +45 with 18x9 +45. The lowest I’ll have my car drop would be a finger gap all around.

Let me know what you guys think and thanks!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
id go 18x9+45. mo lip mo player points!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
18x9 would be nice if I didn't have to have any fender work done. If thats the case, what you guys think about 18x8+38

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m looking to purchase a set of Works vsxx pretty soon but I’m having a hard time figuring out what fitment would be best without any fender work. My options are a set of 18x8 +38 or 18x8 +45 with 18x9 +45. The lowest I’ll have my car drop would be a finger gap all around.

Let me know what you guys think and thanks!
go aggressive, stay with the 38 offset, 18x9 sounds nice. You will rub if you go a finger gap. I'm guessing you're on coils. How much camber do you plan to run?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Im going to run with 18x8+38 to be safe. I would like to run the 18x9 but I think it will be too much work.

Thanks everyone!

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
I run 18x8 +38 vs-xx. Benefit of running same size wheels front and back is that its easier to swap front to rear to increase tire longevity.

Here is a picture that will give you a rough idea of how it sits on 225 profile tires.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow that is beautiful tsx! Love the Colour as well. Just a few questions, Did you have any issues with running those wheels at that height? Did you have to make any modification? Also the tire size your running is 225/40/18 right?

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
Wow that is beautiful tsx! Love the Colour as well. Just a few questions, Did you have any issues with running those wheels at that height? Did you have to make any modification? Also the tire size your running is 225/40/18 right?
Tire size is fine. There was some rubbing at bumps on the road for the first few weeks. Now there is pretty much no rubbing issues (havent had any for months...). If you dont want to go through any rubbing, just have your guards rolled.

Thanks for the compliment! :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts