Acura TSX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, Today I decided that I might as well do Spark Plug change, since my car has already passed 94k miles. So I went to the dealership and asked to see if they have any spark plugs for the TSX, the guy quoted me 100 dollars for all 4 of them. Then I looked at HeelToe website and they were only 60 dollars-ish for all 4...

This is a no brainer, but what would your recommendation be on this? Heeltoe OEM, or something else?

Also, I want to confirm if the OEM Spark plug is NGK Irigium? or soething like that lol...

·
Registered
430 Posts
NGK Laser Iridium IZFR6K11 are $9.99 off the shelf at Advance Auto and they always have some sort of online coupon deal going on for further savings

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Regional (United States)
1,204 Posts
NGK Iridium's are same as OEM - they run $9.99each or so at Autozone - I got them at Kragen/O'Reilly and had them price-match it.

Part No. is NGK 6994

Here's my DIY Thread if it helps -

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NGK Iridium's are same as OEM - they run $9.99each or so at Autozone - I got them at Kragen/O'Reilly and had them price-match it.

Part No. is NGK 6994

Here's my DIY Thread if it helps -
thank you very much, ill post up the results when completed.

went to autozone today, they dont have any in stock at the moment, i have to special order them.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I also got NGK Iridiums at Autozone for 10 bucks each. I mean why the heck not? It was cheap and available.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
went to autozone and got my 4 spark plugs, only for 9 dollars each, military discount FTW! :D

anyway, the DIY wasnt hard at all, i was fortunate to have a spark plug 5/8 tool remover which made the process way much easier.

I do have a problem though(or maybe not), after installing the spark plugs, my car made an electrical supercharger type sound. but it went away after a while, is this normal after a spark plug change?

My first impression of the Spark Plug change is that the RPM feels alive now, before it was sluggish and didnt want to go up, now it wants to go up! but i got bored of it after a while lol... talk about the "Mod bug"

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
^ Those really don't look bad at all. Not to ones I've seen. At least they weren't burnt and/or oily. Remember not to gap them since they're probably pre-gapped.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ Those really don't look bad at all. Not to ones I've seen. At least they weren't burnt and/or oily. Remember not to gap them since they're probably pre-gapped.
i take good care of my car, i clean/replace parts right before they witnessed those oily/burnt stints. :)

what do you mean gap?

·
Registered
56 Posts
He meant the gap between the center electrode and the side electrode. So pretty much when you replace spark plugs, don't try to gap them unless you know what ur doing.

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
Remember not to gap them since they're probably pre-gapped.
Personally, I prefer to check the gap anyway. I have seen them labeled pre-gapped with the gap being very wrong. I'd feel better knowing I had checked them myself, rather than trusting that the manufacturer got it right and that nothing happened to it during or after shipping (for example, being re-gapped by someone prior to bringing it back for a return).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.