Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Mono-Flex Teins $1,200.00

Votes: 10 45.5%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read up on all the items below and still stuck as what to do.

1.) Buddy Clubs N+...$1,079.00 shipped
2.) Koni with ground control coil-overs...995.00 shipped (added labor due to OEM tophats).
3.) Tein CST....$1,300.00 shipped
4.) Teins Mono-Flex (with lower spring rates directly from Teins) $1,200.00 shipped.

I like the Buddy Clubs N+ and the Koni setups, but worried about added labor with the Koni setup. The BC seem great, but for a couple more bucks I can have the top-of-the-line Teins. Also, my local shop will most likely cut me a deal on labor for the Teins as well.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
where did you get the prices for the mono flex??

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where did you get the prices for the mono flex??
My local shop offered these prices to me after he saw all the parts I was taking him from HeelToe. The Teins are at a super great price, but would also have to give the shop labor..so no DIY.

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
The price for the mono flex is a bit suss. They used?
The previous model of the mono flex came with lower spring rates.

My brother has n+ on his car and I've got flex...both cl9's. Rides fairly similar in terms of comfort. Rear sags more with weight most likely from lower sprin weight in the n+ I assume.

·
pedal damn it
2,901 Posts
if the mono flex are legit i'd go with those.

The price for the mono flex is a bit suss. They used?
The previous model of the mono flex came with lower spring rates.

My brother has n+ on his car and I've got flex...both cl9's. Rides fairly similar in terms of comfort. Rear sags more with weight most likely from lower sprin weight in the n+ I assume.
how would u compare ur mono flex vs. previous setups u might've had? i've always had these on my wish list in case i ever decided to switch somewhere down the line. unbiased opinion/review please.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
I forget I have an aftermarket suspension all the time, save for the drop. The ride is just very comfortable. Tein CS's rock. Mono's are stiffer so it depends on what you want.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
There is no way that you can get the Mono Flex cheaper than the CST. He is probably giving you the cost of the Flex.

You should install the coilovers your self and not worry about the cost of labor. I bet if you go with the GC and Koni's you will love them. The CST are way to soft IMO, but if comfort is what you want, they are perfect.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
There is no way that you can get the Mono Flex cheaper than the CST. He is probably giving you the cost of the Flex.

You should install the coilovers your self and not worry about the cost of labor. I bet if you go with the GC and Koni's you will love them. The CST are way to soft IMO, but if comfort is what you want, they are perfect.
Looking at your avatar I can see why you switched. :laugh: If that is your car...

·
Registered
364 Posts
unless your gonna track the car .. get the mono flex.. but the buddy clubs are almost as good and cost less.. btw the mono flex go for 1450+ from what I remember .. add 300 If u want the edfc..

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, to update the thread...those were prices that a local shop issued for me in terms of me giving them the labor. The Flex was not the Mono and is on back order from Teins along with the CST. However, after long PM talkes with EuroRspec I ended up getting the Koni with Ground control springs. Know and love the Koni brand from my modding VW days. I am not really looking to lower the car at all....just want less to no body roll. Tigher springs will help for I do not think the body roll is due to shocks. Thank you all for all your help and looking for next month to install.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts