Acura TSX Forum banner

Which Tires?

4K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  tc_demon 
#1 ·
hey TsxClub. I jsut got my 06 TSX CGP AT/NAVI and the tires are bald and are in search of some new tires with an alignment. Stock rims and the tire size are 215/50/17. Im looking at discount tire and read all this; all seasonal, performance, and etc. Which is the one that will suit basically a daily driver ready to get modded but the rims/suspension will hold until further notice. Which tires are actually good. Hankook? Falken, Etc.

My First time buying a brand new set of tires...Help, Thanks.

#3 ·
You'll see on tirerack.com that the top rated high performance all season tire is the Continental ExtremeContact DWS - those reviewers would be right in my opinion. It's a very nice all-around tire if you're a daily driver type. Quiet, long tread life, good performance in all weather conditions.

#9 ·
they feel good... i was on the highway and was testing them out it was hot out so when i applied the brakes ..it felt like the tires were gripping the pavement and it stop at a dime..i was impressed... but also i have light 16.5 lbs wheels along with bbk which are lighter thn oem caliper and it felt good...
Hankook ventus v12 evo!!!! Best tire hands down imo. Florida weather is like Cali weather without the humidity... Hot and rainy at times. These tires handle great in both conditions plus when I bought mine I got a $60 Rebate.

#8 ·
they feel good... i was on the highway and was testing them out it was hot out so when i applied the brakes ..it felt like the tires were gripping the pavement and it stop at a dime..i was impressed... but also i have light 16.5 lbs wheels along with bbk which are lighter thn oem caliper and it felt good...

#13 ·
Hello, my stock tires finally need to be replaced and I would like to get an all-weather tire that would be a significant upgrade over the stock tires. I live in Washington DC so I need a tire that can handle the occasional rain and snow. My rims are the Acura gray five spoke. I believe they are pretty much the same as the stock rims since when I got them with my car, they just put the stock tires that came with my car on them. The Continental ExtremeContact DWS sound like they could be the right tire for me. Anyone had experience using them in the snow?

#16 ·
I have not driven them in snow yet but its capabilities in the snow was a major reason I bought them since I didn't want to get winter tires. All the reviews I've read here and elsewhere say it's very good in light to moderate snow (several inches). It does eventually go away as it wears but it should be good for a couple seasons for most folks.

#14 ·
I'll tell everyone which tire NOT to get, the Bridgestone G019 Grid. I've used them for about a year and all four tires are choppy as hell. I feel like I drive a Jeep Wrangler with some mud tires on it! LOL

My buddy works at a Firestone location and hooks me up with tires there. I'm going to put some Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sports for the summer. I did the reviews and they seem like a good summer tire. You will need a new winter tire though as this will not give you any traction in the snow.

#15 ·
Contintal exreme contact DWS

#18 ·
Tell about it! I just got my A-Spec wheels, and can't wait to install them but I can't decide which tires to get my final choices are Yokohama YK520 (Discount Tire Direct), Hankook Evo V12 or the Continentals DWS.

#21 ·
I'll throw in my vote for the Continental ExtremeContact DW if you never drive through snow. I have them on a set of 18" Enkei GTC-01s and theyr'e the best tire I've used so far. I've had the stock tires - CRAP, Yokohoma S.Drive - Too loud, wore out quickly, Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sports - Really good tire, Wayyyy too heavy...almost 26 pounds if i remember correctly and now the Continentals. Theyr'e quieter than all the others I've had, have a lot more grip, and are wearing pretty nicely so far.

#24 ·
No, just the tires. I know its a little steep. The main reason I got tires from Discount Tire Direct is that I have a credit card with them and was able to get no interest for 6 months. Plus am going to my Dad's tire guy to have them installed for next to nothing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.