Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatup everyone, CJ here! Im about to upgrade from a 2001 Integra to a TSX. Ive currently narrowed my choices down to 2. One is a 2005 non Navi 6MT w/ 71k miles. priced at $14k. The other is a 2006 non NAVI 5AT w/ 52k miles, $17k. Ive never owned an AT car before, i just love the feel MT. Has anyone here made the switch from a MT to an AT and was pissed about it later on? Anyways, both are beautiful cars, both 1 owners. Both carfaxes check out ok as well. Just need a little help. Thx!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
i love the 6mt.. if u feel the same then i wouldn't rush/settle into anything.

why not wait for an 06+ 6mt?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Before my 2004 TSX, I had a 5MT 2006 Nissan Altima. Although it was fun for me, I wanted to go to an automatic because I wanted to sit back and relax as I'm driving. I do miss having a manual but I do enjoy not having to shift all the time.

If it was up to me and it didn't matter too much if it was a stick or not, I'd get the 2006 with lower miles because it's younger and less miles. Whatever you choose, it'll be a great car!

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
you can do better than 14K at 71k miles, i seen several TSX on craigslist w/ Navi 50-100k selling for as low as 12-9k

also, ill tell you that this engine is best paired with a 6spd, i feel so slow with a 5spd and when i got in a 6spd i can feel the HUGE difference! more torquey and more power! im so hungry for a 6spd TSX now that im looking for a trade on craigslist lol

also, having a 5 speed isnt that bad either, i test drove a couple automatic cars and none of them can compare to the 5 speed auto the TSX delivers, and its good for a daily drive and comfortable too. so with that being said, if you dont care about power and want to eat a McBurger while driving, get the 5spd(It is an 06 so its already as fast as the 2005 Manual if you Hondata IT)

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Regional (United States)
1,199 Posts
If you've owned manual cars, I'd suggest the 6MT as well - TSX manuals are amazing for a sports sedan, and will definitely keep a smile on your face every time you snick through the gears.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts