Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had three "higher" cars than the TSX. I mean really, as far as I'm concerned, none. But on paper, it's been three:

(1) '77 BMW 320i (1976-88)
(2) '88 Acura Legend L (1988-2002)
(3) '03 Acura TL-S (2002-03)

Yet, all things considered, I consider the TSX the best car I've ever had -- easy. It certainly isn't a step down from any of those others, in my book.

I even had to kick in some extra $$ (a lot actually) along with my TL-S for it. Best deal I ever made.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M5 seems to be the #1 "wish car" on these forums.

Others: NSX, Carrera (of course), Ferrari (of course).

P.S. I wonder why we never have people talking about those mega-buck cars -- Lamborghini, Jensen (I guess they don't make those any more), whatever.

Maybe for the same reason I never talk about those cars -- I just don't understand them.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
I liked my Maxima in some ways more then the TSX maybe not the suspension but I miss the 5 speed and much more power.

Or maybe its that I forgot how the interior of the maxima looked lol..

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
larchmont said:
I've had three "higher" cars than the TSX. I mean really, as far as I'm concerned, none.
I've had three cars "higher" than the TSX, too. I think one was a Taurus and one was a Sable... in Rocky Mountain National Park....on Trail Ridge Road. "Topping out at 12,183 feet, this is the highest, continuous, paved road in the United States." :D

Seriously, I first learned to shift a manual transmission on a 911S. I've had a couple of Saabs, a Volvo and a Porsche 944 that I still use to stand on while getting to things off high shelves in my garage. Whenever I mention a new Porsche to my wife she says "But you don't drive the one you have, dear!" She's right, of course. I'll probably trade the 944 for an old Carrera 3.2 Cabriolet as a graduation present (for me) when (if) my daughter graduates from college. And use it for those early Sunday morning drives to the newsstand to buy the Times.

Compared to the Eurocars the Acura seems a bit less but I've identified fewer problems (so far zero, knock on the fine plood dash trim on the TSX). It's also screwed together tighter, although WHAT is screwed together seems rather flimsy. I don't buy my cars to impress anybody, I'd rather be invisible when I drive. I was also considering an Accord EX-L V6 sedan, except it's "slushbox only". I'd be much more inclined to buy an M5 if it were badged "Hyundai" than "BMW"! (And priced accordingly!):mardi:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
netoperek said:
My best car was 98 Audi A4, however i like the TSX because its brand new and it has all the features i want, my dream car os howeve BMW M5, maybe in 10 years i'll be able to afford one.
thas my dream car as well!!! :D

when i get my tsx that will be a step up from me from the accord... but i really do love the accord too :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Who else used to have a "better" car than the TSX?

bob shiftright said:
I've had three cars "higher" than the TSX, too. I think one was a Taurus and one was a Sable... in Rocky Mountain National Park....on Trail Ridge Road. "Topping out at 12,183 feet, this is the highest, continuous, paved road in the United States." :D.....
:D :D :D :D

OK, there you have it -- Bob admits having been high while driving! :nono:

So, Bob has thrown down the gauntlet.
Or rather the altimeter. Or oxygen tent.

Begs for a subthread: What's the highest (legally I mean) that anyone has driven? Me -- 11,000 feet, in Colorado. (I bet a lot of you western people do that before breakfast.) It was by accident. The highest I had ever been before was about 7000 feet, in Arizona, and I started having some altitude problem and I had to turn back. So since that, I always make sure to ask about altitudes in the area before going anywhere. But I guess people don't always know. Or else they were having fun with me. :D

So I'm driving along, no exit in sight, and we're going higher, higher, higher, but I'm not thinking about it too much because the guy swore it wouldn't get over maybe 6000. And then I start wondering how high we are, so I look at the altimeter, and it's showing 9000, then 9500..... and pretty soon, 11,000. And I was fine, as long as I didn't think about the numbers.

Highest I've been with the TSX: Only maybe 3000 feet, or however high it gets in the Berkshires. Didn't notice any change in performance. I know that a car's performance is supposed to suffer when you get up there, but maybe 3000 feet isn't enough to mean much.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
well I like my integra more then the TSX but I don't think people would consider it better...especially with the auto it currently has :(

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
hondafreak4eva said:
thas my dream car as well!!! :D

when i get my tsx that will be a step up from me from the accord... but i really do love the accord too :)
When you have enough money for the M5 you wont Buy it because then your options are open to a Mercedes

·
Registered
43 Posts
my previous ride...

twin turbo baby!
~320 hp and 366 lb ft torque modded

·
Registered
43 Posts
TSX Tuner said:
Is that pic from last year's spring VW Show and Go?
yes it is

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
chobits said:
I have L - IS300, and I'm thinking to sell it to get this cute TSX.
Y'know, early on, it seemed like the IS300 was maybe the main car that would get cross-shopped with the TSX (and vice versa), but as time goes on, we hear less and less about these two cars as a match.

No idea why. Maybe it's the RWD/FWD thing, except we do constantly hear of other RWD cars as comps for the TSX.

·
Registered
43 Posts
TSX Tuner said:
That photo was taken like a year ago.
small world

were u once a vw/audi driver?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.