Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need some advice ASAP! As some of you might know I bought tsx_ott04 accord airbag and I am trying to send him my oem acura airbag--he lives in Ontario, Canada and I live in Arizona. I guess there is a postal office strike in Ontario so he adviced me to use fedex.

Last week I went to a local fedex office: boxed up the airbag, filled the paper work, and payed them. Monday(yesterday) I receive MY airbag back with a letter saying they can not ship it internationally because it contains hazardous materials. I go back to fedex and they tell me to goto the main fedex store to ship it because it is an express location and they are "trained to deal with hazardous materials".

I go there today and they tell me that everything is good. I thought the airbag was on its way to Canada. But they call me 5 hours later and told me that it is being re-shipped to my house again because its hazardous material and you can't ship it ground. :angryfire:

I told them I took it to a fedex express and they said that everything was good. The person on the phone told me the employee re-used the same label as ground and we cannot ship hazmaterials ground. And only "authorized personal" can ship it or I could take it to a ford dealership(wtf?) because they can do that sort of thing(idk, his words not mine). I asked him if I went back to fedex express and if I see them correctly put a new label with express not ground would it work--he tells me idk. To sum it up: fedex employees have no idea what they are talking about and I am going in a huge f*ckin circle and have no idea how to get this to tsx_ott04.

Can anyone please give me some advice on how to ship this damn airbag to Canada? Both me and tsx_ott04 have waited too long for this! I tried to ask tsx_ott04 how he shipped me his airbag but I think he has been busy with work and such.

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
this is what I would do.

I don't really care about the strike or whatever, I'd send it via usps.

I'd send it priority mail international. just list it as a car part and mail it.

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will customs or whoever on the way there open up the package and see that its an airbag and ship it back to me!?

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No idea^
Probably just the possibility of it exploding or something
But I talked to tsx_ott04 and he told me to put "used car part" instead of airbag and I should be good. The fedex lady kept asking what it was specificially to determine the value of the package thats why I put airbag. :facepalm: I wish I would have known to put "used car part" prior to going to fedex. So hopefully this helps future members.

I guess tomorrow I will try scratching it out or filling out a new form and just put used car part. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks for the input mmstsx

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
no. usps will not open, inspect and return your package.
they could care less. they probably don't even understand what an airbag
is, come on, it's the government we're talking about here.

they're lucky to know their mouth from their butthole, lol.

seriously though, usps, priority mail international, just write "car part"
if they want specifics, write either Honda or Acura Emblem :)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
No idea^
Probably just the possibility of it exploding or something
But I talked to tsx_ott04 and he told me to put "used car part" instead of airbag and I should be good. The fedex lady kept asking what it was specificially to determine the value of the package thats why I put airbag. :facepalm: I wish I would have known to put "used car part" prior to going to fedex. So hopefully this helps future members.

I guess tomorrow I will try scratching it out or filling out a new form and just put used car part. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks for the input mmstsx
I know what you mean. I was shipping out high end stereo components one day via fedex and the woman insisted I open the box that I spent 1 hour packing in order to confirm declared value. I told her no, and she said I could not ship my package. Well, I made a scene and asked for the manager. When the manager came out, I took out my phone and asked for the number to Fedex corporate to call them about the trouble I was having.

My package shipped, unopened and the value of its contents went unquestioned. Sometimes you have to make a scene.

Don't scratch out the old form. Make a new one, it will be less trouble in the end.

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no. usps will not open, inspect and return your package.
they could care less. they probably don't even understand what an airbag
is, come on, it's the government we're talking about here.

they're lucky to know their mouth from their butthole, lol.

seriously though, usps, priority mail international, just write "car part"
if they want specifics, write either Honda or Acura Emblem :)
hahaha :laugh: to the first part
But I went to fedex first and they wanted $200 to ship an "explosive"(airbag) and a bunch of paper work. So I said F*@K them and got a new box at office max and went to USPS. I listened to MMsTSX and my package is on its way and should be there Monday. Thanks again for your help man. Your experience/knowledge helps us out all the time!

·
I <3 My CL9
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know what you mean. I was shipping out high end stereo components one day via fedex and the woman insisted I open the box that I spent 1 hour packing in order to confirm declared value. I told her no, and she said I could not ship my package. Well, I made a scene and asked for the manager. When the manager came out, I took out my phone and asked for the number to Fedex corporate to call them about the trouble I was having.

My package shipped, unopened and the value of its contents went unquestioned. Sometimes you have to make a scene.

Don't scratch out the old form. Make a new one, it will be less trouble in the end.
I would have made a scene if I knew it would be this much trouble!!! But thanks we will see how it goes. Still waiting for them to re-ship me my airbag :/ then I have to drive all the way across town to re-do the whole thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts