Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
TSXY
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that H&R had the best when it came to ride quality but I didn't know if things have changed. Im only interested in lowering the car about an 1" to 1.5". I'm hoping to get some 19's and only have a short drop and still maintain the best ride. Thanks for the help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I certainly can't say best/worst ... since I can only compare stock to H&R with stock shocks (just did it last week).

I think the ride is great. Not bouncy at all (at least not yet). Still very comfortable (good litmus test -- my wife didn't notice any difference). The good news is that, I did ! I LOVE it in the corners now and when breaking hard ... much less body roll and brake dive (though, must admit, there wasn't THAT much to begin with).

Anyway - short story - I love it!
 

·
TSXY
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Ransak do you have the H&R sport sprintgs? Also have you a camber kit or do you think you need one?
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
7,952 Posts
your gonna need a camber kit no matter what suspension u buy...

The Aspec drop keeps the best Ride Quality, but no matter what if you lower a car your gonna harshen the ride,
 

·
TSXY
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A friend of mine had a Lexus GS300 and he had H&R springs (I believe) and it rode great. Do you know where I could get some more info on the Aspec kit Memphis?
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
7,952 Posts
Aspec Suspension Kit is available through Acura, do a quick search on this forum and youll find a couple of users who have it, its approx a 1 inch drop, full suspension package, and if u get it installed at Acura (Id recommend buying it off E-bay, cheaper then the dealership) it maintains Full Warranty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
I have the A-spec, ride is not noticeably different than stock and about 1" drop all around. In fact the drop isn't even that noticeable when looking at it casually (unless you put it next to a stock car or stick fingers or other measuring device in the wheel well.)

I purchased direct from Acura of Esc. and they also sell Comptech parts (rear sway, icebox) and AofE had great service, very good prices and combined shipping for all 3 parts. They even had Comptech overnight to me directly the rear sway which was on backorder. Very good experience.
I opted to have a local shop put in the suspension, I guess putting my warranty at some risk, but the install price differential was too big for me to ignore. (dealer quoted $800 for a-spec plus about $500 install = $1,300) (Purchased from AofE for $600 + $200 install...)

As others have mentioned, rear camber is no longer able to be in spec without a rear camber kit from Ingalls or whoever. Acura did an alignment and rear camber will end up being about -2 degrees on both sides (-1.5 is spec). I'm holding off on rear camber kit until I wear down the stock tires and then will re-evaluate.

I'm extremely happy with the setup. Good luck whichever way ya go.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
187 Posts
JReed said:
I heard that H&R had the best when it came to ride quality but I didn't know if things have changed. Im only interested in lowering the car about an 1" to 1.5". I'm hoping to get some 19's and only have a short drop and still maintain the best ride. Thanks for the help
I have the Tanabe NF springs. NF stands for Normal Feel, and boy do they. So much so that my wife didn't notice either. Cruisin' it feels like stock ride just lower, cornering you see a big difference though. I am still riding on stock shocks too.
 

·
TSXY
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the tips guys, sounds like I have alot of options to think about.
 

·
TSXY
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess another thing I should ask is, for you guys running 19 inch wheels how much have you dropped your car? That is probably what I'm going to buy and I'm wanting to have some clearance but not look slammed either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Camber-shamber. IMHO, you don't need it ... well, I don't need it. Visually, I cannot see any discernable change in the camber of my wheels. I don't race or do track days, so it handles great as far as I'm concerned.

I realize the numbers are likely off, maybe even uneven by a shade. But, it certainly doesn't seem critical to me.

Back in the day, we used to LOVE wicked camber on our wheels after dropping our cars ... looked like this from the back: /-\ ... that was kewl then ... :donno:
 

·
Slickness...
Joined
·
971 Posts
Ransak said:
Camber-shamber. IMHO, you don't need it ... well, I don't need it. Visually, I cannot see any discernable change in the camber of my wheels. I don't race or do track days, so it handles great as far as I'm concerned.

I realize the numbers are likely off, maybe even uneven by a shade. But, it certainly doesn't seem critical to me.

Back in the day, we used to LOVE wicked camber on our wheels after dropping our cars ... looked like this from the back: /-\ ... that was kewl then ... :donno:
It may not seem critical to you, but it does to your tires.

And besides, nothing says "Rice Boy" like a car with an out of camber drop.
 

·
Slickness...
Joined
·
971 Posts
JReed said:
I guess another thing I should ask is, for you guys running 19 inch wheels how much have you dropped your car? That is probably what I'm going to buy and I'm wanting to have some clearance but not look slammed either.
I have 18's with Tein Basics adjusted to 1.5" in front and 1" in back. I've got a 1 1/2 finger gap in front and about a 1 finger in the back. I think the look is perfect and I dont have to worry too much about speed bumps and whatnot.

Im sure 19s would be perfect with that type of drop.

I'll post pics soon, just havent had a chance to take any.
 
G

·
I just got neuspeed koni and eibach pro kit, and I can't believe what a smooth ride that gave, plus there it no more than a 1-2 finger gap both front and rear... :ben:

slight rear negative camber, but nothing major
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
A friend was in my car and said it really rode smooth. It has Neuspeed/koni
and Comptech 110-160 which is same a prokit.

These spring's increasing rate, will get hard on large bumps and then
rebound bounces bad without the nuespeed/koni's.
My konis are wound up pretty tight at 1-3/4 turn front out of 2 turns
to dampen the rebound. Rear is only 1 turn.
In the N/K this high rebound setting also softens the compression
which works nice for these springs.

Compared to our stock Accord 2dr, it's a bit softer less jiggly off the top
until you get into the increasing spring rate.






flynhonda said:
I just got neuspeed koni and eibach pro kit, and I can't believe what a smooth ride that gave, plus there it no more than a 1-2 finger gap both front and rear... :ben:

slight rear negative camber, but nothing major
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
I am torn which way to go...because obviously the main benefit from going with Aspec Suspension, you maintain your warranty on your suspension. However I am not sure if I will like the look considering it will still have wheel gap. I would like to drop 1.75 in the rear and 2.25 in the front but if I do so I void my suspension warranty. What to do, what to do?
 

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
Joined
·
629 Posts
caz1604 said:
I am torn which way to go...because obviously the main benefit from going with Aspec Suspension, you maintain your warranty on your suspension. However I am not sure if I will like the look considering it will still have wheel gap. I would like to drop 1.75 in the rear and 2.25 in the front but if I do so I void my suspension warranty. What to do, what to do?
Well, I'm not positive on this, but the A-Spec would only maintain the warranty if you purchased it thru the dealership and had them install it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I personally didn't like the look of such a meager and unnoticeable drop. Yes, you can measure it and see that there was a drop, but seriously, you won't notice.

Installing any kind of aftermarket suspension will not be covered under the warranty, but just that particular aftermarket part. Everything else is covered unless that aftermarket part actually did the damage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
virtualbong said:
Well, I'm not positive on this, but the A-Spec would only maintain the warranty if you purchased it thru the dealership and had them install it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I personally didn't like the look of such a meager and unnoticeable drop. Yes, you can measure it and see that there was a drop, but seriously, you won't notice.

Installing any kind of aftermarket suspension will not be covered under the warranty, but just that particular aftermarket part. Everything else is covered unless that aftermarket part actually did the damage.
Yeah, you are correct about that...but you can purchase it from Acura of Escondido then get your local dealer to install it. I spoke with AOE and they said they include an Acura Dealer receipt so there should be no problems maintaining the full suspension warranty if I go that route. Here is the only noticable A-spec drop I have seen. Perhaps everyone takes pictures before they settle.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top