Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, its been debated as to whether premium or regular is really needed, but the fact is Acura states 91 or higher. The question for me though is, who sells 91?

I've got shell's around me that sell the v-power (93) and BP Ultimate (93), but the next step down is 89... I guess I could mix a petro-cocktail in my fuel tank.... but can anyone tell me, what major fuel distributors carry 91 octane?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I believe all over CA sells Octane 91... There's definately places that sell Octane 91

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
I believe all over CA sells Octane 91... There's definately places that sell Octane 91
Here in Canada, 91 is very common, as are 87 and 89 (mid-range). Some places go as high as 93-94, but it's harder to find and especially... more expensive! Right now, a litre of regular unleaded (97 octane) sells for CAD$0.924. Just yesterday, it was selling for CAD$0.964. It's real yo-yo. Do the gas prices in the States fluctate as much from day to day and week to week. I know your prices are also high, but I'm wondering if the gas companies are taking you on a roller coaster as often as they are up here. Damn oil...!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
I believe all over CA sells Octane 91...
Yep, which is pretty much our only option :(
That is unless you want to buy racing fuel.. So 91 it is for us

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Joker said:
Yep, which is pretty much our only option :(
That is unless you want to buy racing fuel.. So 91 it is for us
kinda sad 93 here is still cheaper than 91 there.... :(

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
kinda sad 93 here is still cheaper than 91 there.... :(
We have (or so they say) "cleaner burning fuel" that we pay more for.. then there's the tax :thumbsdow

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Joker said:
We have (or so they say) "cleaner burning fuel" that we pay more for.. then there's the tax :thumbsdow
yah...tax kills ya for gas...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts