Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
wine em, dine em, cl9 em
940 Posts
you should make one thread then update it with all of your pointless concerns.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you should make one thread then update it with all of your pointless concerns.
This isn't a pointless concern, it's perfectly legitimate. I live in an apartment complex and the parking spaces are all right in front of the bedroom windows of the downstairs units.

Sorry if you take my concerns and critiques of the car personally, that's kinda sad if you are offended

·
四世
1,767 Posts
I really think you should just combine your questions into one thread though, because they aren't worth you creating a whole new thread about them... Also as a courtesy to other people that want to post threads, because in this section, there are 10 threads allowed not including stickies; you have 6 out of the 10 threads...

Why don't you just turn your lights off before you get out of the car... Your lights only flash if you leave them on after exiting the car.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I really think you should just combine your questions into one thread though, because they aren't worth you creating a whole new thread about them... Also as a courtesy to other people that want to post threads, because in this section, there are 10 threads allowed not including stickies; you have 6 out of the 10 threads...

Why don't you just turn your lights off before you get out of the car... Your lights only flash if you leave them on after exiting the car.
Thiiisss!!^^^^ turn ur lights off before u get outta ur car then turn them back on when needed? Not too complicated.....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Then what's the point of automatic lights?? I hope you see how ridiculous you guys sound. Things you like are allowed to have flaws, and it's perfectly reasonable for me to want to understand why.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Then what's the point of automatic lights?? I hope you see how ridiculous you guys sound. Things you like are allowed to have flaws, and it's perfectly reasonable for me to want to understand why.
TSX doesnt have auto lights genius. Auto lights by default have a sensor that is by the windshield...it uses light (or lack thereof) to determine whether or not to turn on the low beams.

What TSX's have are called timed shutoff lights, that using the MID, you can adjust the timeout from 0 sec to 60 sec (i think).

·
四世
1,767 Posts
So let me get this straight...when you lock your car, you want the lights to just turn off? How is this a flaw? Here's a thought: learn to back in so you don't "annoy" your neighbors...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TSX doesnt have auto lights genius. Auto lights by default have a sensor that is by the windshield...it uses light (or lack thereof) to determine whether or not to turn on the low beams.

What TSX's have are called timed shutoff lights, that using the MID, you can adjust the timeout from 0 sec to 60 sec (i think).
So why do my lights only turn on at night with this feature on?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

My apologies, I just noticed that 6 of my threads are active on the first page. This was not intentional, they are all from different times and much older but have continued on without my knowledge. If I had known this would be the case I would have consolidated

·
Registered
69 Posts
As suggested by many, turn off your headlights when you leave your car.

The problem is, when you unlock your car the next morning or next time you drive, your low beam HIDs will turn on the moment you unlock your car.

The real problem is when you START your car with the HIDs on, it's very hard on the HID ballasts.
You'll notice the low beams flicker, as a result of power loss which goes to the starter. Keep starting up your car with your HIDs on, and you'll find out that they will prematurely die.

It's not that good.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As suggested by many, turn off your headlights when you leave your car.

The problem is, when you unlock your car the next morning or next time you drive, your low beam HIDs will turn on the moment you unlock your car.

The real problem is when you START your car with the HIDs on, it's very hard on the HID ballasts.
You'll notice the low beams flicker, as a result of power loss which goes to the starter. Keep starting up your car with your HIDs on, and you'll find out that they will prematurely die.

It's not that good.
So what you're saying is that I've been driving around with my lights on during the day?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts