Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I love the TSX, but what is the big difference between it and the Accord which costs 2gs less.

I'm looking at Auto + Navi in both.

I can't seem to find any huge difference. fill me in please.

·
Left Coast
9 Posts
If you have to ask, get the Accord.

Just joking.... I've had both and I totally love my TSX so much more then my Accord (R.I.P.). :sadwavey:

·
Registered
18 Posts
My colleague who was looking at the same comparison went with the Accord. He felt between the two Auto versions, the Accord was quicker. This is probably more noticeable on the highway in 30 to 50mph, or 50 to 70mph passing situations.

The Accord uses Regular fuel to make its 240hp, there's another bonus.

·
Dr. Smiley
155 Posts
I think it can be mostly summed up as this:

If you care about the most bang for the buck and your wallet: Advantage Accord.

If you care about not being one of the pack and like more refinement/style for your ride: Advantage TSX.

There are infinite points to this, but this is just a quick answer I can think of.

:mardi:

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
stuck

Yeah I like the styling of the TSX a little better, but its nothing too great the other cars I'm looking at are german. I mostly like the Navi cause I'm a geek. Just trying to figure out what the TSX is 2gs more.

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
Its 2 g's more because its an Acura not a Honda.....

Along with the badge comes a level of refinement and build quality, not to mention resale value, and prestige.... these things among others are worth a 2 g premium. In addition, the TSX is a much more unique and rare car compared to the everbody has one Accord. And even though the Accord has more horse, the TSX feels a lot sportier.

Now aside from facts come my personal bias... The TSX is a much cooler looking car, the Accord is very bland. I would probably get sick of driving it after a week. I say live a little dangerously, throw in the extra $35 a month a get a really cool car that is going to turn some heads, not the safe and practical smart consumer mobile that is the Accord.

I just want to note that I believe the Accord is a good car and a great value, but in my honest opinion I feel that the TSX is a better car and an even greater value.

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
Doctor......Doctor...... :)

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly in support of the TSX. I test drove the Accord and to be honest, the interior is very bland and monochromatic. I know that would depress me over the long run. You all make fun of the parchment interior but my wife and I think it is very classy. All that aside, the rarity factor is big in my book. I watched a TOV clip which comparing the Accord V6 6sp and the TSX 6sp the commentator wouldn't stop commenting on how great the TSX handling is. He was flogging the car pretty hard. This gave me peace of mind that while I was driving a sedan it was a damn sporty one at that. Check out this link!

http://vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=147731.

The extra $2000 is in the details man.....Good luck! Really..it was no contest.

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
Sorry for the double post...

If you are looking and seriously considering German cars, then you probably have some money. I think that yes the new 3 series BMW is a great car and side by side with the TSX it is probably an overall better car (I know this opens the flood gates for another topic altogether), however, we are talking at least a $5,000 price difference.

I guess my point is that if you are looking into German autos why is saving a measly 2 g's to go with the Accord even an issue? I would think it would be a no brainer, go with the 3 series or Benzito or Audi S4 why even consider the Accord? Otherwise I would tell why save 2 g's to go with a Honda, when you could save 5 g's or more and go with Acura which is still a luxury brand automobile? Then again you could save 10 to 20 g's and go with a Scion TC, or even a Civic, and then even more if you went with a Dodge Neon!!

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
I am ratrher puzzled, not sure what dusingaz is looking for value ? cool-factor ? status-symbol ? performance ?

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Well I'm more into looks and tech, with Audi I get looks, can't afford tech... With TSX i get decent looks with awesome tech, Accord is worse looks with same tech. I guess I'm answering my own question... Anyways I'll rule out the Accord, but I'm driving the other two this weekend. Knowing myself, I'd probably drive a bike if it had the tech the TSX has. So that Audi A3/A4 will have to be really sweet. Problem is I really want a TL, but I doubt could get the payments below 400/mo with 3k down (with auto+nav).

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Well, I Own the TSX, and test Drove the A4, Your not getting behind the wheel of an A3 right now sry... its a nice car,Great drive,I liked it alot, but i dunno I feel like the TSX is a better package for less money... u like toys lol, so A 6MT TSX w/ navi is what 28?...sry I havent looked at the TSX prices in a while, the Audi I drove last weekend, 6MT Quattro, No Navi option, Headlight package and Cold Weather, he said he couldnt do better then 32 +Taxes and Fees, compaired to a TSX w/ More options and a Navigation Screen, get alot more bells and whistles w/ the TSX

BMW I cant say anything bad about either, except the price, If you can afford it German > Japanese, and American But If u want the most for your dollar= Japanese, Cheap fun = American, Pay out the ass but get both = German

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the opinion. I will actually be able to drive an A3 this weekend because the demos are in, They cost 26k for auto. The TSX is 29k, its not really a fair comparison or anything but they are both in the running for me. The A4 costs more but with a lease is comparable with the TSX.

Driving them all will help me out, At least you all have convinced me the accord is just too ugly to deal with.

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
The TSX did beat up on the A4 1.8T in car and driver's test... :eek:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
ocAdamR said:
If you have to ask, get the Accord.

Just joking.... I've had both and I totally love my TSX so much more then my Accord (R.I.P.). :sadwavey:
Exactly... and I'm not kidding. If you don't see enough in the TSX to justify the price difference, I'd say don't waste your money. :2cents:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
PsyDoc said:
Doctor......Doctor...... :)

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly in support of the TSX. I test drove the Accord and to be honest, the interior is very bland and monochromatic. I know that would depress me over the long run. You all make fun of the parchment interior but my wife and I think it is very classy. All that aside, the rarity factor is big in my book. I watched a TOV clip which comparing the Accord V6 6sp and the TSX 6sp the commentator wouldn't stop commenting on how great the TSX handling is. He was flogging the car pretty hard. This gave me peace of mind that while I was driving a sedan it was a damn sporty one at that. Check out this link!

http://vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=147731.

The extra $2000 is in the details man.....Good luck! Really..it was no contest.
:sprint: Exactly what I was going to say! :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Saw the exterior of the TSX...test drove a TSX...fell in love with the interior... Test drove an Accord.. went back to the TSX :woot:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts