Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over other cars such as mazda 6, protoge 5, matrix, scion, lancer evo, altima?

i first was attracted to it, but im having difference of opinion. there is so much to choose from. plus market competition is heavy. performance wise and design wise. i dont think TSX is the best looking car. but thats my opinion. it does have some good specs but lancer has very good specs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Protege 5? Matrix? Scion? Is this a joke? Vs. Altima...Altima is less refined.
Vs. Mazda6...TSX has better quality.
Vs. Lancer Evo...they're different cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not a competition thread... or joke

what is your reasoning behind a tsx over the rest of the competition / market?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
jatta said:
its not a competition thread... or joke

what is your reasoning behind a tsx over the rest of the competition / market?
Have you test driven the tsx yet? its luxury/performance/style all in one. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i haven't test driven a tsx yet. my older brother has a TL-S. i like driving my brother's car, but i doubt tsx will match the tl. im in the market for something smaller than the tl. i dont want to rush into a car. im taking my time to check out the new cars offered by different companies. im leaning in the lancer evo direction.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
104 Posts
Matrix????? Scion?????

Dude you are talking about way different classes right now. If you said you arent fond of the way the TSX looks....how the hell could you possible like the way those two ugly things look. The Matrix and Scion run at a much differnt price for a much differnt (and ugly loving) crowd. Even in that class there are tons of cars I would pick over those.

I like the Evo a lot, but its more expensive and is more for the crowd who prefers speed over quality.

You doubt the TSX will match the TL? I think the current TLs are a much older type of crowd. My grandpa drives one, seriously. I've driven it. It may be faster but it's not nearly as much fun. Don't lean towards any direction till you have driven every car you are even curious about.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sublime3sixteen said:
Matrix????? Scion?????

Dude you are talking about way different classes right now. If you said you arent fond of the way the TSX looks....how the hell could you possible like the way those two ugly things look. The Matrix and Scion run at a much differnt price for a much differnt (and ugly loving) crowd. Even in that class there are tons of cars I would pick over those.

I like the Evo a lot, but its more expensive and is more for the crowd who prefers speed over quality.

You doubt the TSX will match the TL? I think the current TLs are a much older type of crowd. My grandpa drives one, seriously. I've driven it. It may be faster but it's not nearly as much fun. Don't lean towards any direction till you have driven every car you are even curious about.
your right, im talking different classes. but im not limited by the class of the car. i think scion is very retro. i like the retro styling, especially the box style. that is why i love my accord so much. i love the boxiness of it. when looking at the specs, yeah the scion is lacking. but that can be adjusted. at a msrp little over 13k, its a good buy. matrix is pricey. i dont think it looks as good as the scion. when i say scion, i mean scion xB. not the xA. i dont like the stylign on that.

i disagree on the tl being not fun to drive. but to each their own opinion.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Because I like it better. There is no real explanation other then that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so far no real thoughtful replies. why choose tsx? or what appealed to you most about the tsx over others?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
jatta said:
so far no real thoughtful replies. why choose tsx? or what appealed to you most about the tsx over others?
from a Jatti ;)
I can tell you, I'm not looking for a car thas all performance,
looking for a car that looks great, drives well, and also offers me some luxury without going over board (don't need a car thats better then something my parents would be driving just yet..), being that Im still young still wanna drive a car that doesn't look too "adult" I mean I think the TSX has a balance of the young look and feel as well as a somewhat refined look to it, I like the balance that it strikes...pay attention to all the details acura is offereing in this car.. it's pretty amazing

thas strictly for looks...

next we can go on to prefromance, and yeah it is just a 4cyl engine, but for one... thas exactly what my current accord has, its enough, has enough kick that you don't feel like you need a lot more... i mean you probably know this as well as i do that if your looking for a quick car to tune up then this isn't the way to go then obviously you should be giving yourself a better platform to start with.. but for normal driving etc.. this car defintley exceeds expectations.. can't tell you something that you just gotta feel.. go drive one.. no harm done if you dont like it..

i'd say figure out what kinda car your looking for.. limit the types and all..cuz right now.. your all over the boards with what your looking at.. it will for sure be hard to limit it since it's like 1 in each catagory...

that help any?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didnt think another punjabi would be on the board here.

Yhe tsx looks ok to me. I think there are better looking cars still in its "class." But i think what im looking for in a car i won't find in this tsx. Your right i need to give it a drive. Maybe when I get a day off of work, ill go around test driving. I have some time before im ready to buy.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
jatta said:
I didnt think another punjabi would be on the board here.

Yhe tsx looks ok to me. I think there are better looking cars still in its "class." But i think what im looking for in a car i won't find in this tsx. Your right i need to give it a drive. Maybe when I get a day off of work, ill go around test driving. I have some time before im ready to buy.
i was the only one i knew of... but you made it easy to figure out that you were :)

umm... but yeah it may not be for you.. but i really do think the best way to find out is by seeing/driving for yourself
cause you can't have someone else tell you why it's right or wrong for ya... thas something you gotta judge for yourself

good luck :)

by the way do you go to the pittsburgh gurdwara at all.. or used to?

G

·
I just got my tsx over the weekened. I still have my turbo 240sx... i think these 2 cars are in different classes. no need to explain the tsx and its luxury features, or the performance of a turbo 240sx. its nice to roll in comfort and the "tight" new feeling of a new car, but also dope as hell to bone out in a great handling car with 260hp on boost. so jatta, do you want to feel boxed in inside a tiny Scion bB? its like sitting in a coffin... but so are porsches. but you don't get the luxury of something like a CL in a $27k car that can also cruise uphills at 80mph in 6th gear from a scion.... power, luxury, handling, braking... not the absolute best out of all cars on the market... but its above average. the protege matrix or altima do not offer the same value for the bux. i still think my beat up looking 240 is more fun to drive... its not what people tell you about the car... its what it feels like to you. drive what you like, its your money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the input people.

i just recently moved to pittsburgh. haven't been to the gurduwaras yet. where are they at?

going to test drive this car soon. maybe a pre-owned 3 series.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts