Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I am new here and this is a great forum.
I will be purchasing a 2005 TSX (MT) very shortly, and my first few mods are going to be springs, CAI and headers.

When I check the websites for INJEN and Comptech, I notice that the Injen CAI and Comptech header is only for the 2004 model TSX.

My question is will these fit a 2005 TSX, or are there some changes that require a new design of these mods??

Thanks again, and I can't wait to pick up my TSX :mardi:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
welcome to the club advan77! :wavey:

the injen will fit no problem and im prettty sure the headers willl fit too..there was no major design change from the 04 - 05 other than the subtle things like steering wheel lights..seatbelt chime..etc

·
Registered
42 Posts
There should be no problem with this. You might look at the DCHeader as it gets a bit more power than the comptech and is a little cheaper.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DC headers

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of DC Headers.
I had one that cracked on me with my old civic.

They make decent power, but i'm not so sure about their craftsmanship.

·
2004 TSX & 2007 R1
148 Posts
did you have a ceramic DC headers or SS cause i know Ceramic has a problem with that but i have yet to hear of the SS doing that....

i am also new to the forum so i could be wrong hahahah

·
Registered
30 Posts
the dc sports header is only having problems with a minor welding issue

supposedly VERY good in power

i would buy it over others my 2 cents

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Ironically, I've never heard any strong recommendation for DC headers especially when it comes to power gains. If anything, they aid to reduce weight only.

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
im sure dc header benifit the tsx alot more than just weight reduction. Ive seen dynos where dc header is better at putting up more power for low-end rpm than the comptech header, which puts out better higher-rpm gains. Kinda rediculous to say that it only reduces weight...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts