Acura TSX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know this subject is old but now I have a CLEAR ANSWER ....I went ahead and was the test dummy and to come find out the CL7r tranny does infact bolt up perfect to using all STOCK OEM tsx parts. half shaft works , axles work, mounting points are the same even the TQ mounts on the lower driver side on the sub frame.....all bolt up....also the sensors from the tranny are stock as well..so if your looking for a LSD DIRECT BOLT IN TRANNY to replace the stock tsx tranny I can confirm it will work with OUT SWAPPING TRANNY INTERNALS ......also OEM clutch worked ..the tranny I swapped in to my TSX was STAMPED ASP3...so anybody who says IT DON'T WORK is wrong

·
Registered
874 Posts
I know this subject is old but now I have a CLEAR ANSWER ....I went ahead and was the test dummy and to come find out the CL7r tranny does infact bolt up perfect to using all STOCK OEM tsx parts. half shaft works , axles work, mounting points are the same even the TQ mounts on the lower driver side on the sub frame.....all bolt up....also the sensors from the tranny are stock as well..so if your looking for a LSD DIRECT BOLT IN TRANNY to replace the stock tsx tranny I can confirm it will work with OUT SWAPPING TRANNY INTERNALS ......also OEM clutch worked ..the tranny I swapped in to my TSX was STAMPED ASP3...so anybody who says IT DON'T WORK is wrong
good info man!

so its from a CL7? can you be slightly more specific for the noobies (including me) who don't know a lot or anything about trannies…

2004-05 Euro accord?

where can you find these?

·
Registered
75 Posts
good info man!

so its from a CL7? can you be slightly more specific for the noobies (including me) who don't know a lot or anything about trannies…

2004-05 Euro accord?

where can you find these?
I bought mines from ebay...Honda Accord CL7 Euro-R 2.0L 6 Speed LSD ASP3 Transmission JDM K20A

How it started.....my second gear on my TSX tranny started to pop out but ran just fine but it also had high miles (180,000) at first I was going to get a USDM Civic SI tranny with LSD and just swap the internals but then I was reading on all the work you had to go through after the internal swap was done flash pro for speedo , shifter swap among trying to find someone who would be able to do the swap bringing my cost way up HERE in CT...so then I started to look at the CL7 ACCORD I notice the body was the same just called a HONDA ACCORD ....I was asking around and nobody had a FOR SURE answer but after looking on ebay and comparing the pictures to the tranny thats in my car now to my RSX type S tranny thats in my k24 swap hatch ......I knew an order was on the way ....so soon as I got the tranny (fresh mint) everything looked the same compared to my TSX tranny So I said what Do i got to loose? worst case I would just wait until I had the money to swap Internals if it didn't work.... come the find out not only did it work but everything BOLTED UP stock like it came from factory like that, you would not even notice the difference unless you knew what to look for and the difference in the way it drives and its a BIG DIFFERENCE!!! ....no mods was needed at all just plug and play ..no flash pro, no speed sensor swap , no k20a half shaft .....I even retained the bottom plate between the tranny and engine .....so my whole swap is a 08 engine with 56k , tranny 40k in a 04 tsx body ...next upgrade is a 08 ecu swap but that's for performance to match the engine besides that the car runs great ...the best mod i ever did to my TSX was the tranny.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Hmm, interesting. If that's the case, I may just have to add that to my list for next year when I do the my clutch.

·
Registered
709 Posts
How is the new speedo accuracy with the new transmission?
And are you happy with the 6th gear being shorter with the Euro-R tranni compared with the one from TSX ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
How is the new speedo accuracy with the new transmission?
And are you happy with the 6th gear being shorter with the Euro-R tranni compared with the one from TSX ?
Speed is dead on, also I mean when doing over the speed limit (55) is when it gets pretty high but I can deal with it because its much quicker and if I want to save gas I just drive the legal way lol but serious that 6th gear tsx was a super laid back gear but I can deal with it but Most people who are smart in rebuilding tranny's could always swap the 6th gear like the good old b vtec trannys i guess ...I will snap pictures but its already in the car so I will do my best to show the tag number and being bolted up. it feels like driving my rsx type s tranny just with a stock clutch in a heavy body so the get up is much worth it

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anyone have the gear ratios for the ASP3 tranny?
Did a quick google, but wasn't able to find them.

Edit : Actually looking at the chart on this page:
Transmission Gear Ratio Table - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Yeah I seen that its ODD....I went through all 9 pages, even some guy said his stock car in 05 had a ASP3 tranny code...maybe RBC3 was the older code? but might be the same tranny but wow the gearing is pretty close to a RSX type s just with LSD and a different final drive...so the best of both worlds a type s tranny in a TSX with lsd direct bolt in sweet!!

·
Save the manuals!
207 Posts
So it must have the 2 mount points - whereas the USA Civic Si tranny only has 1? Otherwise according to the info on the web the gears and LSD are likely identical.

Does anyone know if they bothered to make the CL& tranny case out of Magnesium for weight savings like the CL9 in the US?

·
Registered
874 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
So it must have the 2 mount points - whereas the USA Civic Si tranny only has 1? Otherwise according to the info on the web the gears and LSD are likely identical.

Does anyone know if they bothered to make the CL& tranny case out of Magnesium for weight savings like the CL9 in the US?
Well the mount points are way off, the Civic SI mount points would be closer to the RSX then the TSX. also I read some where that the Euro Accord came with a (light weight 6 Speed LSD tranny) not sure if light weight means Magnesium

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Back from the dead. Can anybody else besides the rob confirm that the CL7 transmission fits and drives with no major issues? I'm in need of a new transmission and it might as well be a time for an upgrade.

·
Registered
709 Posts
As I'm aware it fits just fine.

·
Registered
569 Posts
The transmission seems to be chassis specific not soo much block specific, although there's a few exceptions with K-series motors/trannys.

The CL7/CL9 share the same motor/tranny mounting points and seeing as a member has also confirmed its fit, I'd say you'll be fine.

Running the ASP3/RBC3(Euro-R) tranny would be the same as running the shorter 06+ SI 1st-5th gears/final drive/LSD in your ASU5(USDM TSX) transmission. Only difference is that the 6th gear is also shorter in the ASP3/RBC3 transmission than it is in the ASU5(USDM CL9) model. Easily fixed by swapping over the taller 6th gear from your USDM case to the new Euro-R case.

If your looking into this I'm sure you've already familiarized yourself the different cases and rations but for everyone else:

*NOTE: The chart refers to the Euro-R(ASP3) case as the "RBC3"

·
Not JDM
1,893 Posts
The part number for the Euro R transmission case is: 21200-RAP-000
The part number for the TSX transmission case is: 21200-RAR-M00
And I've also noticed slight changes to throttle bodies (as an example), the part numbers for The J35, J37 TB have changed 3-5 times, but they still bolt right up and connections are the same.
So I'd safely assume that the transmissions fit. Im guessing the difference in the part number between the 'P' and the 'R' and the M00 for that matter is for the Magnesium transmission case that the TSX has.
Also I noticed between the part numbers is that the part numbers for the hangers on the TSX transmission end in '-M00' where as the Euro R hangers are just '-000'
Also I read somewhere that connecting metals together can cause corrosion (like magnesium with steel, or steel with aluminum) sorry too lazy to verify right now

21 - 40 of 48 Posts