Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the blue acura TSX. i want to get my windows tinted, i'm not familiar with tinting so i'm not sure what percentages :donno: , neone got and suggestions?? thanks!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the Club acura_TSX :wavey:
I went limo on the back, and legal on the sides. Legal in Ca is almost clear, but it blocks out 99% (UV's).
I'd say it depends on a couple of things. What are the laws where you live? How dark do you want to go?
Here are some FAQ's from my window tinter's web site :thumbsup:

http://www.aterrifictint.com/faq.shtml

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Yeah, its really totally up to you for what window tint fits you and your car the best. If you want it darker to where people can see inside your car you would want to get anything from 5%-20%. 25%-35% people will be able to see in your car slightly depending on the time of day and lighting around you. Anything above that, its clearly visible through from the outside.
Personally i love it dark. Right now i have 25% charcoal tint but its not dark enough for me. I like it where people cant see through at all. So im getting mine redone 5% (limo) charcoal tint all around. Hope this helps! Welcome to tsxclub also! :rollsmile

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was wondering, does anybody know the difference between the different types of window films used? Like which one is better and what are the down falls of each type? LLumar, Sungaurd and Global Flim??

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Shrimp said:
I was wondering, does anybody know the difference between the different types of window films used? Like which one is better and what are the down falls of each type? LLumar, Sungaurd and Global Flim??
I am not sure about the others, but I have used Llumar on all of my cars, and have no complaints.
Not to mention this - :thumbsup:

With proper installation by a trained Llumar dealer, your window film will last for a lifetime! Llumar is so sure that their film won't peel, bubble or crack that they back their product with the best warranty in the business.

Llumar High Performance Automotive Film.
The one that's worth it, with the warranty that proves it.
Llumar provides a manufacturer's lifetime warranty to replace any defective product for free for as long as you own your vehicle. If there is a problem, just bring your car and Warranty Card to any of 3,000+ Llumar dealers in all 50 states and Canada, and it will be replaced at no charge to you.

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
Agreed, I always go with Llumar!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have to revive this thread with 2 questions:
Do the installers remove door panels when installing the film ?
I've heard that there is no felt strips between door panels and windows and that causes the film to get scratched easily. Is it true ?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Yes, they will remove door trims to install the tint on the doors. As for the felt concern, you can ask them to install them if they're not there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Im new to this site, but I live in Maryland and I was thinking about getting my windows tinted. The legal percentage is 35% but I heard if I get that I will be pulled over alot. I was wondering if anyone with the legal percentage for where they live gets pulled over or if you dont have a problem. Thanks

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
TSXmaniac26 said:
Hey Im new to this site, but I live in Maryland and I was thinking about getting my windows tinted. The legal percentage is 35% but I heard if I get that I will be pulled over alot. I was wondering if anyone with the legal percentage for where they live gets pulled over or if you dont have a problem. Thanks
welcome to the site! :wavey:

·
Registered
180 Posts
TSXmaniac26 said:
I'm in California where practically any percentage is legal as long as it's behind the front side windows. Practically nothing is legal on the front side windows. I have always gotten pulled over eventually for any tint I've had on my front side windows.

If 35% is legal in your state, what's the big deal about being pulled over as long as you have 35%?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey...anyone know the legal limit for front tints in Norcal or in Cali in general. I want to get 35% on my car done....????

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
GFP14 said:
Hey...anyone know the legal limit for front tints in Norcal or in Cali in general. I want to get 35% on my car done....????
I thought you live in Toronto? :confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Norcal or in California in general is the following.

Percentage is visiblity. The less the number the less you'll be able to see. California law allows tints that are 70% or higher on the front sides, so that police officers can see in the vehicle and protect themselves. 70% is pretty much clear all together, but it still reduces the UVs that would normally enter the car. If you were to tint your car in Norcal, and want to stay away from unwanted tickets, you can tint it one shade like 35-40% all around, so it's less obvious. As for the rear, it can be tinted to anything you want pretty much. Now if you lived in Socal, you're less likely of getting pulled over as I've noticed since moved here 4 years ago.

-Jimmy

·
Registered
67 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
I thought you live in Toronto? :confused:

i do...but i'm planning to move to norcal next year. so when i do my tints i wanna make sure that i have the legal stuff instead of getting pulled over and having to take them off....just dont want the hassle

·
Registered
67 Posts
Jimmmmmmah!!! said:
Norcal or in California in general is the following.

Percentage is visiblity. The less the number the less you'll be able to see. California law allows tints that are 70% or higher on the front sides, so that police officers can see in the vehicle and protect themselves. 70% is pretty much clear all together, but it still reduces the UVs that would normally enter the car. If you were to tint your car in Norcal, and want to stay away from unwanted tickets, you can tint it one shade like 35-40% all around, so it's less obvious. As for the rear, it can be tinted to anything you want pretty much. Now if you lived in Socal, you're less likely of getting pulled over as I've noticed since moved here 4 years ago.

-Jimmy
thanks jimmy...

so just to clarify...i can have 35%??? but to be safe i should just do 35% all around instead of 35% front and 20% back?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
GFP14 said:
i do...but i'm planning to move to norcal next year. so when i do my tints i wanna make sure that i have the legal stuff instead of getting pulled over and having to take them off....just dont want the hassle
wow...that'll be a drive! A Canadian PWP/Ebony in NorCal... :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts