Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys get comments that you have tinted windows? I didnt now that the factory stock TSX has tinted windows or does it? It seems to me that the side windows are alittle darker but then again i dont believe theres a tint on it. Your input on this?

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
ssmtsx said:
The stock windows are solar tinted, which really doesn't mean anything.
Hmm, I never knew that. Nor the definition of it. Doing a quick google search yields:

Glass, Solar-tinted:
Automotive window glass with thicker construction that helps prevent ultraviolet ray penetration of the passenger compartment Solar-tinted glass helps reduce heat buildup in the interior of the vehicle by blocking out a significant portion of the solar energy. It accomplishes this not by reflecting the rays, but by absorbing the radiation and re-radiating the majority of it to the exterior of the vehicle

That being said, I agree with netoperek. I've noticed that the stock windows do have some tint to it (as opposed to crystal clear). Very light smoke color is the best I can explain.

·
Registered
35 Posts
it doesnt look tinted to me...by comparison to stock cars that are intentionally tinted but hey, that solar tint thing sounds logical

·
Registered
138 Posts
Actually the hue is a slight green... and it does work decently well... but not the way actual film tint does.

The downside to solar tinting is my autotinting eyeglasses don't work. Oh well.

-Alt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts