Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DJFuzze
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at a place that has a guy named Chitto come and wash our cars. Today Chitto wasn't here, but his counterpart (unnamed) was. I told him to do a basic wash, and left my money at the receptionist when he returned my keys (i was in a meeting)

I walked out to my car 20 minutes later (car wash guy is long gone) and my car has a crack on the ****ing wind shield. No chips, no nothing. Just a crack. is it possible him leaning on the car could crack the winshield? or running the cold water on a hot windshield.

Acura says they wont replace it under my b2b warranty (whats new) and i called my insurance. They said its going to be 250 bucks. (almost a car payment for me) so should i tell the guys that wash my car to cough up the money to get it fixed?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think your best option is to go back to the car wash place and explain to them what happened. I would have done that as soon as I found out about the car. I had this happen to me at an acura dealership. They scratched my side skirt, and they were nice enough to repaint it. I did report the damage to them the same day. My advice to you for the future is to take pictures in front of them before you hand them your car. That way, you can refer to the pictures as reference. Good luck though!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I think your best option is to go back to the car wash place and explain to them what happened. I would have done that as soon as I found out about the car. I had this happen to me at an acura dealership. They scratched my side skirt, and they were nice enough to repaint it. I did report the damage to them the same day. My advice to you for the future is to take pictures in front of them before you hand them your car. That way, you can refer to the pictures as reference. Good luck though!
+1, go back and tell them what happened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts