Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea so ive been noticed that windshield fluid indicater light is there... on the dash....right below the door ajar indicater.... but the light never goes on... ive first noticed when i completely ran out the first time, now i purposely let it run empty to see it the light goes on...nope.... did anyone ever see it go on or know y it doesnt go on?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts

dang I wasn't even aware there was one

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahaha robert... when the lights flash and stuff.. u can see the reflection

radiodr... u no y it doesnt come on? had to b a purpose its there

·
Registered
249 Posts
hehe so does mine!!
haha i've had to refill twice already hahaah :spit:

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
phase, and 604, ur cars r from canada?.... thats bullshyt lol imma bitch at the dealer n make it work

·
Registered
100 Posts
we have that light? i didnt even no that. my fluid is out for like 3 months already. i didnt see anything. thats :bs:

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
Read the manual - there's actually a couple lights on the dash that only works for the Canadian model.

I believe one of the other one is the daytime running lights (DRL) light - but that's because the US model is missing that feature.

·
Registered
49 Posts
DRL and Windshield washer fluid indicators are required by law in Canada, that is the only reason Acura includes those for the canadian models.

Putting those features into the US models would would eat into their profits even if those indicators are already there.

Remember there are two things that moves the industry, money and regulations.

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
Think of it the other way around.

The Canadian market is large enough to add the extra features. So they adhere to regulation and gain the market share.

·
Registered
258 Posts
So my question is, how easy can this feature be activated? or does this require a whole different software written for the onboard computer?

·
The Peoples Champ
609 Posts
netoperek said:
Can someone tell me how could this affect profit? could it be because of extra maintnance by activating those features?

more allocation of wiring....sensors.... etc etc
just because the little light doesnt go on...or the headlights dont auto/on
doesnt mean the tsx IS wiring for it...its probably NOT....

just like putting drls on a civic in the us you need the wiring etc etc

wiring = $
sensors = $
and so on and so on

as for DRL's.........

if u leave your lights on and shut the car off and leave they shut off...
when you come back in to the car and turn it on they will go on

BAMN...instant DRL's :grinno: :troutslap

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Type X said:
if u leave your lights on and shut the car off and leave they shut off...
when you come back in to the car and turn it on they will go on

BAMN...instant DRL's :grinno: :troutslap

Yeah but u dont want to leave HID's on all the time :troutslap not great for the car either, on the Canadian Model the DRL are part of the Brights assembly, Most cars have a seperate bulb for DRL or have brights at a different location, I.E. E46 BMW M3, The projectors have two different settings for high beams and low beams, the Center two lights are Flash to pass and DRL...

Im sure someone could figure out how to set up the DRL on an American TSX, just somewhat puzzled at how the Brights can be turned down, and used as DRL's

1 - 20 of 21 Posts