Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have almost 1000 miles on my tsx and the windshield makes an annoying rattle noise when hitting uneven bumps such as pot holes. It sounds as though the noise is coming from the windshield in front of the driver. The noise sounds like a rattle or a snap. Any similar issues and resolutions.

Thanks.

I took the car in today to the Acura dealer and had the service director drive the car, and I was in the passenger seat. He heard the rattle and said to really diagnose the problem he would have to pull the dash out of the car to determine where the rattle is coming from. The car only has 1,042 miles on it and he suggested waiting until the car has 4,000 to 5,000 miles. If the rattle still persists at this point he said the rattle is more than likely not going to go away and they can pull the dash out at that point.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I had that last year right when the temperature dropped below 50 degrees. I believe it's from the front plastic piece that covers the bottom portion of the front windshield. Mine was coming from the passenger side. It actually went away by itself so I didn't even bother with it. You may want to have your dealership put a piece of felt between that and the windshield to see if that'll fix your problem.

and welcome to the board!! :wavey:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm at 3800 miles and hear a bit of a slapping sound every now and then on sharp bumps. Guess what it is? The plastic panels that flip open from inside the sun visors!!! I think maybe they should have put small rubber feet or something on the edges that close together. You could probably do something similar yourself or just live with it. Sometimes just opening and closing the flaps on both visors solves the problem for quite a while.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rtsx said:
I have almost 1000 miles on my tsx and the windshield makes an annoying rattle noise when hitting uneven bumps such as pot holes. It sounds as though the noise is coming from the windshield in front of the driver. The noise sounds like a rattle or a snap. Any similar issues and resolutions.

Thanks.

I took the car in today to the Acura dealer and had the service director drive the car, and I was in the passenger seat. He heard the rattle and said to really diagnose the problem he would have to pull the dash out of the car to determine where the rattle is coming from. The car only has 1,042 miles on it and he suggested waiting until the car has 4,000 to 5,000 miles. If the rattle still persists at this point he said the rattle is more than likely not going to go away and they can pull the dash out at that point.
Got the exact same problem. Mine is about 3,000 Km and started to make the same craking noise near the windshield (well it looks like it's coming from there). Went 2 times to the dealer so far. First time they tried a couple of things but it was worst so they gave me another appointment and said that they had to remove the dash to check. In fact they only remove the glove compartment and told me they tightened the dash. It still make the noise when I hit bumps. Less but the problem still there. Spoke again with the dealer and they said they have the same problem on other TSX and that they'll get back to me. They'll research and try to find a permanent fix.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
supermec said:
Got the exact same problem. Mine is about 3,000 Km and started to make the same craking noise near the windshield (well it looks like it's coming from there). Went 2 times to the dealer so far. First time they tried a couple of things but it was worst so they gave me another appointment and said that they had to remove the dash to check. In fact they only remove the glove compartment and told me they tightened the dash. It still make the noise when I hit bumps. Less but the problem still there. Spoke again with the dealer and they said they have the same problem on other TSX and that they'll get back to me. They'll research and try to find a permanent fix.
I had that problem last year, two months after having picked up my TSX. It sounded that WWII in the cabin! Brought it into the dealer last December, and they fixed it right the first time. Applied some sort of black goo along the lower edge between the dashboard and glass. It worked!

·
Registered
7 Posts
AHHH the infamous passenger window rattle, this is floating all around the forums and I have the same exact problem. There are so many of these threads, it should be a recall of some sort. I took mine to the dealer once, didnt fix it, Its in the dealer now as we speak, hope they fix it this time. I have heard many different solutions. Black goo huh?

·
The Bay State
931 Posts
Same rattle started for me yesterday and I heard it again this morning. I thought it may have to do with the cold weather we have been experiencing. Ugh...I was hoping I escaped all this since I have had no noises to date. I am going to keep my eye (ears) on it as it appeared ot go away as it got warmer out.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
dellman said:
AHHH the infamous passenger window rattle, this is floating all around the forums and I have the same exact problem. There are so many of these threads, it should be a recall of some sort. I took mine to the dealer once, didnt fix it, Its in the dealer now as we speak, hope they fix it this time. I have heard many different solutions. Black goo huh?
That's what they used on mine last night and it fixed the problem. I also had the side window problem. They installed "shims" and it worked. The windows are silent since.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've had this problem since about 500miles, I'm at 1,500 now. I took it in two weeks ago.. it just so happened that we hit an unseasonably warm couple of days, and guess what... there was no rattle while they had it. I noticed it myself on the drive down, it was like 75degrees and there wasn't any rattle. I'm convinced its due to cold temperature and the glass shrinking more than the car's frame.

I'm going to wait for winter.. nice and cold and see what happens. I'm happy with the car and this is the only thing really bugging me... there better be a fix if it keeps up.

aehe10

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same problem and brought the car in last week. The pulled the windshield(apparently broke it since they put a new one in), also replaced some trim, and fixed some plastic welds on the cowl(which before I brought it in would move up and down, but now it is tight).

The weather around here has been rainy lately so I can't tell definately if they fixed the problem, but I will keep you posted.

·
Mr. Dan
1,730 Posts
I was at around 3000 km when i noticed the same problem - The rattle seems to be coming from the windshield in front of the driver area. The temperature was around 0 degree C when the rattling was the most apparent.

I have around 5000 km now, and the rattle suddenly disappeared. I think it is due to the milder weather this past week (~10 degree C). I have to see if it returns when the temp goes below zero again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
rtsx said:

Thanks.

hope you got it fixed, man. if not, i had the same exact problem, and it sounds like it's coming from the interior but mine was actually coming from the rubber windshield molding on the exterior. if you tug at it you'll see that it's slightly loose, although it's not going to come off at any time. it seemed like any time i hit a bump, specifically with the right tires only, it would torque the body of the car ever so slightly, and the rubber's grip on the windshield would move slightly, maybe a few millimeters, but the movement would cause this horrible creak.

what i did was get some pure silicone spray, hook up the little straw to the nozzle, and spray it as far up that rubber molding (on the outside of the A-pillar, i guess it is) and maybe 1/4 across the base rubber molding on the windshield. i did it 3 weeks ago and haven't looked back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same Problem

This has been a frequent problem addressd on thie baord.
I had it too. Took the car into the dealer who took the windshield out and re-sealed it. Problem fixed. The goo solution seems like a band aid to me...get it fixed right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts