Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

My 2012 TSX Wagon has had the problem with windshield exterior side trim falling off. One side flew off on the highway, whereas the other had broken tabs and I yanked it off myself before it too became a projectile. I've obtained new trim pieces, some replacement metal clips, and have read the TSB (09-016). However, one question remains.

These are two of the clips I purchased from Acura, which are supposed to be glued on. You can see the very light green strip on their backs, which also exist on the clips that stayed on the car. I assumed they were double sided tape, but there is no thin film to remove. I looked at them with a good magnifier, and picked at them with an exacto blade, but there is definitely no removable layer. The light green is very slick and hard, much like HDPE plastic, which leads me to believe an adhesive won't stick to it. Does anyone have any experience with these?

Thank you Rectangle Wood Material property Font Automotive exterior
. . .

Rectangle Wood Material property Font Automotive exterior

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm interested in this as well. I have all new clips and roof/windshield molding that I'd like to install soon. I haven't even looked at the clips yet, but I assumed there would be adhesive on them.

EDIT: I just found this online.
Font Circle Parallel Slope Diagram

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm interested in this as well. I have all new clips and roof/windshield molding that I'd like to install soon. I haven't even looked at the clips yet, but I assumed there would be adhesive on them.

EDIT: I just found this online.
View attachment 49308
Hmmmm, I haven't seen that. It seems to contradict itself . . . "peel the adhesive backing away" . . . "glue the retainers with adhesive tape" . . . "apply epoxy". The glue Acura says to use is Konishi Bond, which doesn't seem to be an epoxy. I was gonna use 3M 4200 as an adhesive, since it's not absolutely permanent, in case the windshield ever needs replaced.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I guess it's different for my first gen, I wasn't even thinking about that. I'm pretty sure that's from the OEM Acura manual for mine. I'm not sure about the adhesive backing. Could be 1st gen clips only, or maybe it's saying that if you're using double sided bonding tape, then you should remove the adhesive backing on the clip side and attach it to the clip before you install it, instead of attaching it to the body first. It looks like the adhesive tape is supposed to go against the pillar side and epoxy on the bottom edges. At least that's how I see it. The only part that isn't clear is the adhesive backing part, I'll have to look at my clips tonight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts