Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Just curious if anyone has ever heard of being able to replace your windshield under warranty?

Last week I discovered a 2 inch crack on the INSIDE of my windshield that starts at the edge of the top passenger side. It is on the inside and is a crack, not a chip from a rock or other debris.

Has anyone had any "defective" windshields on their TSX? What do you think the chances are of convincing Acura to replace it under warranty. Hopefully i'll find time to take it to the dealership over the next 2 days.

Thanks!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
yeah...it'll depend on your dealership. If they think it's a defect, they will replace your windshield under warranty.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to put some closure to my broken windshield problem. I took it to the dealership and they said it is not covered under warranty because there appears to be an "impact" where the crack started. So I had to pay just over $1000 to replace my windshield. I could have gotten an aftermarket windshield for $600 but I have not been impressed with aftermarket windshields in the past.

Anyways, just thought i'd let everyone know in case they face the same situation in the future.

Thanks!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Ashyne said:
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to put some closure to my broken windshield problem. I took it to the dealership and they said it is not covered under warranty because there appears to be an "impact" where the crack started. So I had to pay just over $1000 to replace my windshield. I could have gotten an aftermarket windshield for $600 but I have not been impressed with aftermarket windshields in the past.

Anyways, just thought i'd let everyone know in case they face the same situation in the future.

Thanks!
Ah... good choice to go OEM windshield...I've heard nothign but bad things about after market ones... Like not fitting, etc. Good decision :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
The fitment on the aftermarket ones aren't that bad, but the biggest problem you'll have is that they aren't as strong as the OEM ones. One of my friends up in the Bay Area replaced his windshield with an aftermarket one, and had to replace it again in a month. Good Choice on the OEM.

-Jimmy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah insurance would likely cover it but because of my past driving record I don't want to attract ANY attention to my insurance if I can help it. I also got rear ended in a p/lot a month earlier with VERY minor damage (minor paint transfer) and I got a quote for $600 and the guy who hit me paid up. So I will just buff out the paint transfer myself and I used the $600 towards my windshield....so really, I only paid $400 for my windshield.

Plus, given the fact that it is a brand new car, aftermarket windshield was not even an option. I hear they have a darker tint to them and cause streaking very easily. I'm just glad it is all said and done.

·
Registered
42 Posts
if it's done at your dealership, you should get a loaner. usually with a window, the wait s/b at least a day or so for the seals to completely dry. believed someone else mention it on this website.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Usually, replacing a windshield is pretty fast in general. Once they're done, they'll point like painter's tape on there to let the seals dry faster. You'll be able to drive the car, but you'll need to leave the tape on there for a day or two.

-Jimmy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input everyone!!

The actual windshield replacement only took half a day but it took a day to receive the windshield at the dealership. There was no tape or anything on the windshield but I was told I had to wait 2-3 days before I could wash it with any kind of pressure washer. I was told to keep it as dry as possible to allow the seal to dry up.

Right now the only problem i'm having is a "clicking" noise coming from the area of the rearview mirror. I'm wondering if I just need to let it settle or what but if it persists, I will be heading back to the dealership.

Other than that, nothing ele to report. Thanks again for all the input.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.