Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
Joined
·
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an indicator thats supposed to go off letting me know that the windshield wiper fluid is low?

Today, i ran out, but dont remember ever seeing a low fluid indicator light come on.

Assuming I got it fully filled from the dealership when i picked it up last saturday, i only used it a few times, and its out 1 week later? must be a small tank?

Thanks for your help guys.
 

·
Member
Joined
·
3,913 Posts
Can't be that small a tank. I thought the Canadian models had a low windshield wiper fluid warning light, but I'm not sure about the U.S. models. If the tank was full, then there might be a leak somewhere which would explain why you only got a week's worth of use out of it (assuming it was a full tank).
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
I believe it's not a feature that's enabled on US models... :(
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,123 Posts
Neither is there such a function on all RHD Hondas. In fact, I've never seen or heard anything like that is available. Not even the flagship NSX or Legend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
spyguy said:
Is there an indicator thats supposed to go off letting me know that the windshield wiper fluid is low?

Today, i ran out, but dont remember ever seeing a low fluid indicator light come on.

Assuming I got it fully filled from the dealership when i picked it up last saturday, i only used it a few times, and its out 1 week later? must be a small tank?

Thanks for your help guys.
Indicator light comes on on mine when it gets low. I thought both Canadian and US models have it. When it comes on, it takes almost a gallon of fluid to fill it to the top again.
 

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
Joined
·
13,780 Posts
It's not a US model feature.

Also missing from the US models are DRLs, I believe.

The US 04's also didn't have heated side mirrors.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
kinda sucks that the US models have the windshield washer fluid light...but doesn't work... :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
is the warning light something that can be enabled by the dealership?
 

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
Joined
·
13,780 Posts
Write in said:
is the warning light something that can be enabled by the dealership?
Doubt it - it's not part of the OEM system setup.

If you got the Canadian and US wiring specs, you might be able to order the parts from a Canadian dealership and then manually install the necessary parts and run the necessary wires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,119 Posts
Sorry for the bump but it's on topic: Anybody have a problem with their windshield wiper fluid not spraying up very far on their windshield? Mine seems to have great flow, just not enough pressure to get it more than 6-10 inches up from the bottom of the glass
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
I haven't really looked at mine (no need to yet) but 90% of hondas (acura included) have ajustable nozzles. Just get a small paper clip or if you have one, those jewelers screwdrivers that are just a point. Then just aim it a lil higher. I will check mine tomorrow morning to double check that it is capable of this.
Steven
 

·
capbill
Joined
·
29 Posts
the '06 shop manual shows the level switch for the Canadian model only. Probably because of the lousyer weather up there.
 

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
Joined
·
13,780 Posts
AcidLotus said:
Sorry for the bump but it's on topic: Anybody have a problem with their windshield wiper fluid not spraying up very far on their windshield? Mine seems to have great flow, just not enough pressure to get it more than 6-10 inches up from the bottom of the glass
From what I've experienced, it seems like the "default" settings for the nozzles are set to shoot the full wiper extension when travelling at around 30 to 40 mph. Anything slower and it seems to hit pretty low.

If you're travelling at highway speeds, you'll get some splatter on the moon roof.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
reviving 2005 topic :santa:

do they actually have a Acura branded wiper fluid sold at dealerships or you guys just get any brands from the local auto store? lol
 

·
, Admin, Marketplace
Joined
·
2,147,483,651 Posts
reviving 2005 topic :santa:

do they actually have a Acura branded wiper fluid sold at dealerships or you guys just get any brands from the local auto store? lol
If they do it just the same stuff you buy anywhere else, they just put Acura on it and sell it for twice as much.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top