Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Tsx and since ive had the car I have been having trouble with the windshield wipers living in eastern Canada we get all the weather(snow,sleet,rain,freezing rain,ect ect) all the crappy weather you can imagine. Does anybody now of a good wiper that you have used and worked good...I am starting to think that such a wiper does not exist.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I have had great luck w rain x latitude. There was a thread not to long ago discussing wipers not long ago. Check the search button.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Honestly, oem inserts are the best. 06+ are the bladeless wipers.

My method of extending the longevity and effectiveness of the blades are to apply rainX (in the small bottle, the liquid formula, NOT the spray kind) every other car wash. With this, my OEMs have lasted 14 months (August '11-October '12) streak free/noise free. Now it streaks a little. For the cost $9 for a pair of refills, I think its worth it.

Prepping is everything. I also used a razor blade and scraped down the windshield when I installed them.

Might sound crazy, but hey, it works. FWIW it beats like $26-50 other name brand blades (Latitude, ICON, etc.)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Honestly, oem inserts are the best. 06+ are the bladeless wipers.

My method of extending the longevity and effectiveness of the blades are to apply rainX (in the small bottle, the liquid formula, NOT the spray kind) every other car wash. With this, my OEMs have lasted 14 months (August '11-October '12) streak free/noise free. Now it streaks a little. For the cost $9 for a pair of refills, I think its worth it.

Prepping is everything. I also used a razor blade and scraped down the windshield when I installed them.

Might sound crazy, but hey, it works. FWIW it beats like $26-50 other name brand blades (Latitude, ICON, etc.)
This!

I even take it a step further and do a two step process w the buffer and polish/wax twice a year. This removes the fine scratches in the glass caused by the blades dragging particles and allows the rain x to last much longer also increasing the life of your wipers.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I live in Belgium, and I have that weather here also.

Now I have the "Bosch aero twin blade" wipers

The best I ever had!

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
I'm not a fan of the 1 piece windshield wipers. I have RainX ones on mine right now, been using them for 2 months and they're already junking up. OEM's are honestly the way to go, and then just change the inserts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts