Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone can comment on this:

I was driving on the highway and I noticed that my car started vibrating. Being in the middle of the highway, i wanted to take the next exit to check out the problem, but before i could get to the off ramp, one of my tires blew. I was still in the middle of the highway, so I had to slowly drive (probably on my rims) onto the side of the highway so that the driver side is safe. Fortunately (or unfortunately), the tire comforted the rim, and the rim wasn't actually riding on pavement. I put the spare on, and went on my way, but i know how limited the spare tire is.

My question is about whether it would be a good idea to put a winter tire with the three remaining summer tires while waiting for new tires to come in?

Also, can someone comment on my rims, and whether this would put a serious dent on it? I don't notice any damage, but i can imagine the whole weight of the car riding on a rim that is cushioned by rubber, but the tire is actually blown.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I wouldn't drive on the winter tire to long, they tend to be softer rubber and wear faster on dry pavement. Ask the tire shop to inspect the wheel for dent, cracks ex.. When they mount the winter tire. Maybe they could also rotate the winter tire to the back so it wont wear as quick

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't drive on the winter tire to long, they tend to be softer rubber and wear faster on dry pavement. Ask the tire shop to inspect the wheel for dent, cracks ex.. When they mount the winter tire. Maybe they could also rotate the winter tire to the back so it wont wear as quick
Actually, I put them on myself, and I put the winter tire in the back wheel. I also took another off, so basically both my back tires are winter tires, while my two front ones are all season. Would this be an appropriate fix temporarily until I get new tires? It might be a week or two before i get new tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts