Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
netoperek said:
Anyone out there knows any good wiper blades for the TSX?
Yeah, Honda. My experiences with aftermarket wipers has never been as good as with the OEM.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
^^^ Agrees.. Hit your your local Acura parts guy, and slap them on yourself :thumbsup:

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Anyone else get a "splash-back" of water on the windshield when you use the single swipe feature?

I am guessing it has more to do with the speed at which it swipes (too fast) rather than the quality of the wiper blades.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
I use the Honda blades, and not just the inserts, I buy the entire blade from one of the parts discounters. I think Honda blades are complete $#[email protected]* and don't hold up well in winter weather. On my wife's car I replaced a couple of blades that had actually ripped! I'm unaware of a Bosch replacement blade that fits exactly so on with the $#!**% Honda rubber!

My Porsche, on the "cutting edge" of 1986 technology has has heated washer nozzles not just heated mirrors! Interesting, since driving a light car with gumball summer tires in the snow is not an activity for the risk-averse! I didn't even think it snowed that much in Europe. But the wipers sure do wipe well, even if you can't control the car, you can see the roadside right where you're going to skid off it very well!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Whatchamacallit said:
Anyone else get a "splash-back" of water on the windshield when you use the single swipe feature?

I am guessing it has more to do with the speed at which it swipes (too fast) rather than the quality of the wiper blades.
Yup. I think it's a combination of the fast sweep and the actual wipe pattern. Very annoying. In another thread, I ranted about the wiper stalk compared to my '92 Civic, and I'd have to say the wipers themselves were much better on that car too. That's progress for ya.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
bob shiftright said:
I think Honda blades are complete $#[email protected]* and don't hold up well in winter weather. On my wife's car I replaced a couple of blades that had actually ripped! I'm unaware of a Bosch replacement blade that fits exactly so on with the $#!**% Honda rubber!
Whoa, I never saw Bob S. so P.O. before. :eek:

Now that's being passionate about one's own windshield wipers. And all this time, I thought it was just a piece of rubber. :greenboun

·
Registered
954 Posts
netoperek said:
Anyone out there knows any good wiper blades for the TSX?
I replace my wipers every year because they get trashed in the winter. So, I go with the somewhat cheap brand-name ones. Skip the really cheap no-name ones, they don't even make it through a year.

·
Registered
954 Posts
bob shiftright said:
I use the Honda blades, and not just the inserts, I buy the entire blade from one of the parts discounters. I think Honda blades are complete $#[email protected]* and don't hold up well in winter weather.
Why do you buy them if you think they are crappy?

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
bob shiftright said:
I'm unaware of a Bosch replacement blade that fits exactly so on with the $#!**% Honda rubber!
Do you know of a Bosch Micro-Edge blade that will fit the TSX or the Oddy? Thanks!

·
TSX Bronco
20 Posts
Guys, I have the Bosch Microedge wipers on my TSX. 26" for the driver's side and 16" for the passenger side. You can get Microedge Excel for the passenger, but not for the driver's side. I don't know why they didn't make the Excel line in 26" size. Anyways, the Microedge wipers work perfectly as expected.

I wanted to replace my stock wipers the same day I took delivery of my TSX. With my luck there was a snowstorm that day and I thought I was going to die driving home from the dealership cause the wipers couldn't wipe any of the snow off!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Joker said:
^^^ Agrees.. Hit your your local Acura parts guy, and slap them on yourself :thumbsup:
Single swipe or constant swiping, the left wiper blade throws water over the the other side of the window and it's very annoying for the person in the passenger seat.
I tried wiping off the blade as the service advisor suggested and (my own suggestion) bend the blade holder so the blade would make better contact with the window and it didn't help.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix or is it just poor design?

Isabel:mad:

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
Back from the dead!

OK, so now for the review!

The 16" Bosch Micro-Edge Excel was $9.95 at Pep Boys, the 26" ("Oh, for a Maxima?") 26" Bosch Micro-Edge $18.95 from the local furrin' car parts place/ex-Peugeot dealer. Both blades seem marginally longer than the Honda blades. The right (passenger) blade seems to clear the side of the windshield gasket only by about 1-2mm.

So far so good, on one brief highway drive under a light drizzle the passenger's wiper wasn't skipping like the Honda blade! :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
bob shiftright said:
OK, so now for the review!

The 16" Bosch Micro-Edge Excel was $9.95 at Pep Boys, the 26" ("Oh, for a Maxima?") 26" Bosch Micro-Edge $18.95 from the local furrin' car parts place/ex-Peugeot dealer. Both blades seem marginally longer than the Honda blades. The right (passenger) blade seems to clear the side of the windshield gasket only by about 1-2mm.

So far so good, on one brief highway drive under a light drizzle the passenger's wiper wasn't skipping like the Honda blade! :thumbsup:
Nice resurrect, Bob!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
PIAA makes some very good wiper replacement blades and assembly in all sorts of applications for all types of lengths. A true upgrade from OEM blades.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
CL9 K24a said:
PIAA makes some very good wiper replacement blades and assembly in all sorts of applications for all types of lengths. A true upgrade from OEM blades.
Do you know if they have blades that you can just put on as replacement for the OEM's, without changing the assembly?

Larchmont, who wouldn't wind improving the blades, which don't seem to be that great.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Nope, unfortunately not. They only sell the replacement with the assembly, maintains the genuity of the product I suppose.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts