Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone installed wireless charging pads or Magsafe? Where do you put it?

I'm considering that Carlinkit device to turn my Carplay (aftermarket option in my post history) into wireless Carplay, in which case I might as well add wireless charging.

I do make use of that cubby hole in the center next to the cig adapter but with Magsafe, maybe mounted on the ceiling of it might even work ha.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I use a wireless charging pad that clips to the air vents. They are all over the internet. You place your phone directly into the pad and it auto senses it to clamp your phone down and start charging via the Qi standard. I used a little dab of silicone sealant to run the charging cable along the dash's lines making it almost unnoticeable unless you look for it.

In another car I installed a wireless charging pad in the center console storage between the seats. It has a rubber pad and the phone has a rubber/silicone cover so the phone just sets on top and doesn't move. It also charges via the Qi standard.

You'll find several options if you search or Google 'car wireless phone charging'. They just need a 12v plug in source unless you want it hardwired into another source.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts