Acura TSX Forum banner

Wiring diagram for stock system?

17K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  DeSEBticoN 
#1 ·
Anybody have one of these for the sound system in our cars? It would simplify the planning process for an integrated aftermarket system.

thanks!

#4 ·
I can still fax you the diagram if you want it, but here's the color codes (these wires are located on a harness that plugs into the factory amp underneath the head unit and behind the NOT AN ASHTRAY pocket

on the SMALLER connector:
line level signals and shieldings are as follows:
Driver: RED/BLU (+) / YEL (-) [B1, B8]
Shield: BRN [B5]
Frt Pass: BLU (+) / RED (-) [B4, B11]
Shield: BRN/YEL [B2]
Left Rear: BLU (+) / PNK (-) [B3, B10]
Shield: GRY/BLU [B9]
Right Rear: LT GRN (+) / PUR (-) [B6, B13]
Shield: GRY [B12]

Remote lead: B7 (YEL/GRN)

The cavity number (Bx) represent the connector viewed FROM THE HARNESS SIDE (not connector side) with B1 being the epper left cavity and B14 beind the lower right one.

Use the shield wires by soldering them to the shield on your RCA cables (you will need to take apart the "upstream" half of your RCA cables to get access to the shielding. Doing this is important as it shorts the factory shielding to the aftermarket shielding. Directional RCA's ground the shield at the AMPLIFIER and float it at the source. This way, any noise picked up by all leads on the RCA length will be referenced to ground at the amplifier and will not get amplified. If you skip this step, you might introduce noise into the system. It is important to get directional RCAs for this to work (or anything with a shield that is grounded at at least one end).

Now, I do not yet know the max unclipped voltage of the factory head unit preamp signal (if you discover it, I would be obliged if you reported it here), so you might benefit from a line driver. I want to find out what the voltage is before buying one, because if it's high enough, it won't be necessary.

BTW, I don't take responsiblity for any errors or omissions in this post... cut-n-splice at your own risk! if anyone finds an error in the text diagram I just copied, please let me know so I can edit this post.

#8 · (Edited)
This is for my ACURA TSX 2005 (stock radio without navigation)
Hey folks! Finally I got this hooked up. I found module that support both left and right channels + and - auxilary connected instead of SiriusXM port (25$) (also has Iphone charging cable and aux cable)
Also I got bluetooth module from amazon (10$ for 2 pcs). See pictures and feel free to ask me any questions.
BT(small module) can be hooked up to 5v wires and not use USB port to make it more organised. There enough wires to route all of this into glove box.
Will share pictures later. Enjoy!
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Microcontroller Computer hardware

Communication Device Circuit component Automotive tire Gesture Finger

Circuit component Sleeve Bag Gadget Automotive lighting

Gadget Gesture Communication Device Finger Font

Finger Thumb Nail Gesture Wrist

This project can be upgraded to better but this works perfect and with good aftermarket speakers (Higher quality Polk Audio (front doors and tweeters) and good JBL on rear shelf) works verrryyy good! And I am enjoying my favorite music!
Feel free to ask questions and I hope this will help you to convert your good stock radio to better =)
Peace!

#9 · (Edited)
Hey , can you post links to the Bluetooth module that you are using ?? Thanks

De5~

This is for my ACURA TSX 2005 (stock radio without navigation)
Hey folks! Finally I got this hooked up. I found module that support both left and right channels + and - auxilary connected instead of SiriusXM port (25$) (also has Iphone charging cable and aux cable)
Also I got bluetooth module from amazon (10$ for 2 pcs). See pictures and feel free to ask me any questions.
BT(small module) can be hooked up to 5v wires and not use USB port to make it more organised. There enough wires to route all of this into glove box.
Will share pictures later. Enjoy!

This project can be upgraded to better but this works perfect and with good aftermarket speakers (Higher quality Polk Audio (front doors and tweeters) and good JBL on rear shelf) works verrryyy good! And I am enjoying my favorite music!
Feel free to ask questions and I hope this will help you to convert your good stock radio to better =)
Peace!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.