Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I replaced my read rotors and brakes. Someone notice my two rear tires are wobbly. I took a gander and to my surprise I was scared to death at the condition of the wobble. What could I have done to cause this wobbly on both rear wheels? What should I look for to resolve this?

Car : 2007 Acura TSX

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did you forget to tighten the lug nuts, or not tighten them enough?

Also there should be a large nut that holds the rear hub on... you would not normally need to touch that to replace the rotors but if that was loose it would cause wheel wobble too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Loose lugs, a disconnected toe arm, loose hub, could be many things. Make sure everything is connected and tight. If you still have wobble it may be the wheel bearings. If the bearings are bad thou you would hesr and feel it, significantly, while driving.

·
-
1,574 Posts
Jack it up. Recheck everything..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The driver side is the worse. The passenger side has wobble but not as bad. Here are photos of the driver side rear suspension. What are your suggestion(s) with what you think might be failing?

The lug nuts were all tight and nothing was loose in the suspension.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
] SOLVED SOLUTION [
In between the wheel bearing and the rotor was rust. It was useful to remove the rust with a wire brush. The little differences in irregularity was enough to make the wheel wobble. I have not necessarily had to focus on this before because the wheel usually tightens itself down onto the wheel bearing once the lug nuts are installed. There are two set screws for each rotor. This car was missing 1 on each rotor. This made the rotor not sit flush against the wheel bearing. I had to acquire two new set screws for each rotor to keep the rotor flush against the wheel bearing.

No more wobbly and I hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the follow up. This will probably be something I keep a closer eye on in the future.
I try to not leave questions open when I find an answer. I have found many solutions because someone shared their solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts