Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Hi Guys,

I really really need your help! I love the TSX! AND I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ben: But I still have my Infiniti, which I'm selling soon once its paid off. Anyways, I have a few questions, one is for California residences and the others are for anyone willing to help. Thanks!

(1) Southern Cali peeps, I'm in Orange County and willing to drive a 100 mile radius for the perfect car. But I've tried dealerrater, and now I need your opinion. Where is the best Acura Dealership? Satisfaction and Price wise?

(2) When you guys say you paid a 5A/Black on Black w/ NAVI (which is what I want) for $27,500 is that out the door or before Taxes, Licensing, etc? And can you find an '05 at that price out the door?

(3) How is the backseats? Are they spacious enough to fit 2 adults back there comfortably? Do you feel the weight when you drive when carrying passengers?

(4) Is it hard for the car to go up hill? I know it doesn't haul crap like a truck, but is it hard for it to climb hills and slopes?

(5) Insurrance? Did your payments go up when you got a TSX?

(6) And when are the 2006s come out? Because I want an '05 (for a cheaper price hopefully). When is it a good time to buy a 2005 model?????????????

Please please please tell me. I could hardly contain myself! I want one soooooo bad!!!!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the Club TSXFan :wavey:

TSXFan said:

(1) Southern Cali peeps, I'm in Orange County and willing to drive a 100 mile radius for the perfect car. But I've tried dealerrater, and now I need your opinion. Where is the best Acura Dealership? Satisfaction and Price wise?

Give Kelly Willis a call at Cerritos Acura (internet sales dept.), and tell her Joker sent you :thumbsup:

(2) When you guys say you paid a 5A/Black on Black w/ NAVI (which is what I want) for $27,500 is that out the door or before Taxes, Licensing, etc? And can you find an '05 at that price out the door?

Not sure what they are going for now, but your best bet is to get several quotes (In writting. You can do this very easy through internet quotes), and pit dealer's against each other (to match or beat each other's offer's)

(3) How is the backseats? Are they spacious enough to fit 2 adults back there comfortably? Do you feel the weight when you drive when carrying passengers?

Beack seats are very nice, with lots of room. The TSX has no problem carrying passenger's :thumbsup:

(4) Is it hard for the car to go up hill? I know it doesn't haul crap like a truck, but is it hard for it to climb hills and slopes?

Not that I noticed

Mine went down (from an 04 TL)

(6) And when are the 2006s come out? Because I want an '05 (for a cheaper price hopefully). When is it a good time to buy a 2005 model?????????????

My guess is the 06's will be out sometime in the Fall, but their are always deal's to be found throughout the year

Best of luck, and please let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
TSXFan said:
The backseats are what you would expect from a mid to compact size car... but they are comfortable. I carry friends around in it and don't feel them slowing me down much... not a concern I would have if I was in your shoes.

TSXFan said:
Have you even test driven one yet? My first drive was a up and down, winding back road course... about half way down the second hill I told my girlfriend "I'm buying this car." It's a beautiful machine that drives amazingly. Flat road, hills, curves.. its a driving experience.

TSXFan said:
Insurance on the TSX is low. I compared the RSX and TSX in insurance when I firststarted buying, the TSX as a sedan has much lower insurance rates than the RSX, a sports coupe.

TSXFan said:
The 2005's came out at the beginning of the year. It will vary by region and supply/demand.. but expect the 2006's around January.

Now go buy one!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Nice reply csnoke :nod:

Joker - who was too lazy to separate the color's of the text :laugh:

·
Registered
9 Posts
TSXFan said:

I visited three dealerships: Tustin, Cerritos, & South Coast.

Cerritos :ben: Because they were polite, patient, and allowed me to test drive RSX-S & TSX

Tustin :007: Because they were impolite, impatient, and disallowed me to test drive for I was "underaged". (17) Is this really a law?

South Coast :kiss: :cool: Because that's where I purchased my 05 CG TSX Auto (Non-Navi). They were chill and offered us a good deal. ($24.7) [Including: trunk tray, wheel locks, mudguards, interior metal trim]

Wherever you decide to visit, leave if they make you uncomfortable in any way.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nicky said:
Tustin :007: Because they were impolite, impatient, and disallowed me to test drive for I was "underaged". (17) Is this really a law?
I think this is more along the lines of them not trusting you with their car due to your age :p

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
jerome736 said:
I think this is more along the lines of them not trusting you with their car due to your age :p

Depends on your deminor... Im 19 and Ive Test Drove Merc's, Beamers, whole bunch of different cars...you come in well dressed, dont even speak to the guy at first, just go right to your car of choice and start checking it out, joke with the guy, talk about options right off the bat, usually thell let you testdrive, if not after a while u can just ask... not usually a problem...

·
Registered
122 Posts
MemphisRheins said:
Depends on your deminor... Im 19 and Ive Test Drove Merc's, Beamers, whole bunch of different cars...you come in well dressed, dont even speak to the guy at first, just go right to your car of choice and start checking it out, joke with the guy, talk about options right off the bat, usually thell let you testdrive, if not after a while u can just ask... not usually a problem...
I totally understand that, I was 19 myself only a few months ago, but I think theres a huge difference between 17 and 19...

·
Registered
97 Posts
MemphisRheins said:
It get btter with time.....i am a femal 45, and the dealers in town know me well, tey gve me the keys on a friday and told me to take it till Monday...lol now i m having work done on the TSX and the said the oaner ws a TL with navi........LOL its sweet!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK?.... This is what I want 5speed Auto, Black on Black, w/ NAVI, and I live in Southern CA. How much would the average (smart) buyer pay???? Before and after taxes, etc.???

·
TSXY
147 Posts
TSXFan said:
OK?.... This is what I want 5speed Auto, Black on Black, w/ NAVI, and I live in Southern CA. How much would the average (smart) buyer pay???? Before and after taxes, etc.???

well i just bought an 05 auto non nav in oklahoma and paid 26670. they
came off $1000 on the sticker, but they also through in the trunk tray, huper optik window tint, and the wheel locks. I thought it was a good deal plus they gave me alot for my trade in so that helped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi JReed, Did you buy the car from Bob Howard Acura. You know I asked for the window tinted and they said it was not possible to do it, due to the tints geting scratched on tight seals!

·
Coming soon ABP 05 TSX
32 Posts
I got an e-mail this week production on the TSX for 05 ends on July 25 but you didn't hear it from me

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
TSXFan said:
welcome to the club TSXFan....

There has been A LOT of discussions about pricing and buying experience....suggest you do a search for more info.

I paid $27,150 incluing all-weather mats BEFORE taxes and misc charges.
I'd say you can shoot for 27,300 ~ 27,600.

You should definitely test the car - and since you asked the question about passenger load - take other people with you.
This is serious $$$ you spending you should really get the feeling yourself.

Personally I find going uphill with 2 adult passenger takes a quite a bit of more effort than a more powerful car....of course since it's only 4 cylinder and low on torque.
Excellent on flat road but I find you gotta really step on it going uphill or you aint going nowhere :D.

·
TSXY
147 Posts
Cheiso said:
Hi JReed, Did you buy the car from Bob Howard Acura. You know I asked for the window tinted and they said it was not possible to do it, due to the tints geting scratched on tight seals!

No I bought it from Don Carlton Acura in Tulsa. They said that it wasnt possible for the huper optik tint or the 3M tint? They didn't have a problem doing mine, They actually did it before I even picked up the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They said it wasn't possible to tint due to the scratching problem, and they wasn't going to risk it. Well guess I didn't press enough about it when I brought it. I will get it tinted later on. Thanks anyway.

2005 CG/Ebony/5A/No Nav.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts