Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I should post it here although some of you may have read it already.

Smarten Up!!
Originally posted by spiker
I'm not happy.

In the last 3 nights 3 different street races.2 on Marine Dr and 1 on Knight street.

I got a nasty call from my boss!There isnt a band aid big enough for the strip he tore off me.

Also to the red 89 lowered Civic on Knight street at 37th last night.SLOW DOWN! You never saw the pedestrian in the cross walk did you?

Any more and the hammers gona drop.Im pissed off.

{ Im keeping in mind of course it may not be anyone on this site,but spread the word please};)

Venting over
QuickQuote

I'm not happy.

In the last 3 nights 3 different street races.2 on Marine Dr and 1 on Knight street.

I got a nasty call from my boss!There isnt a band aid big enough for the strip he tore off me.

Also to the red 89 lowered Civic on Knight street at 37th last night.SLOW DOWN! You never saw the pedestrian in the cross walk did you?

Any more and the hammers gona drop.Im pissed off.

{ Im keeping in mind of course it may not be anyone on this site,but spread the word please}

Venting over

Hi all.

I think the message my boss was trying to send was clear.Things have generally been good on the street race scene in Vancouver over the past year,but there seems to be a little surge in the last little bit and he want to nip it in the bud. He just has a direct delivery method that cant be missed.

I have noticed it over the past month with a few duals on Kings way.They were not much more than a quick one on one squirt at a light and some friendly reminders were passed out.

But mabey a few,and I stress a few people are thinking we are softening up.So I think my boss rattled my cage to remind me to keep a lid on things.Our deal was simple, no racing and we will ease up on mods.

So lets be clear.Things have been pretty good on the real street race scene in Vancouver lately.Lets keep it that way.When I hear of a few knuckle heads heating you up and thus causing grief for all of us I am going to tell you.

I have seen alot of nice cars cruising around and everybody has been enjoying themselves without getting "jacked up".Thats good,that what we want to see.

Mr Grail is right, guilt by association.Thats why I got yelled at.
He will be fine its just his way of "communicating"{1 cm from my face,with spit going in my eye}

He is a good guy is very suportive of Revscene and PACER.He just doesnt want to be played the fool.

Lets just keep it in mind and get back to enjoying our cars. Im going out to shop to work on mine now.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by \V//RS
i think the reason it's done pretty much anywhere is that all the less dangerous areas that had "organized" illegal racing got shut down.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A good point.
for what its worth I am trying to organise a place where we might be able to do legal safe 1/8th mile drags or 60ft squirt drags closer to Vancouver /Richmond.

No promises it will happen but I am trying.

I get the first race if it does.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zigen said:
humm...is this real? but no matter what...ppl should drive carefully.
whatever!!! (hee hee...)
of course it is rear la... this is from one of the Vancouver Police. I think he was in the revscene meet too. Just drive safe la.
(I drive aggressive sometimes, but I drive safe!)

hee, spotted Neo today! I was driving like a good boy.

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
yeah, i've been to mission with spiker, he's a cool guy from the VPD side =)

like Dave Despain said on WindTunnel(ch55 SpeedChannel) "cities need tracks for the racers and enthuiest, ever since they closed down all the short tracks, circits, and etc, illeagal racing has increase, open up tracks for people. Make them accesible and get them off the street!"

Mission is not my idea of accesible out in the kingdom of "far far away"

yet i realise that the molson indy track is accesible but not economically viable.

maybe richmond where the old radio anttena site @Gardencity/Aldertbridge/Westminister Road in richmond would be a greatplace for an track. we just need investors... hmm let me give a call to lee ga sing ....lol j/k
but yeah it's like 5km all around, not including what you could put in the center

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Our deal was simple, no racing and we will ease up on mods.

COOL..that's good.....

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Cyde said:
yeah, i've been to mission with spiker, he's a cool guy from the VPD side =)

like Dave Despain said on WindTunnel(ch55 SpeedChannel) "cities need tracks for the racers and enthuiest, ever since they closed down all the short tracks, circits, and etc, illeagal racing has increase, open up tracks for people. Make them accesible and get them off the street!"

Mission is not my idea of accesible out in the kingdom of "far far away"

yet i realise that the molson indy track is accesible but not economically viable.

maybe richmond where the old radio anttena site @Gardencity/Aldertbridge/Westminister Road in richmond would be a greatplace for an track. we just need investors... hmm let me give a call to lee ga sing ....lol j/k
but yeah it's like 5km all around, not including what you could put in the center
:rollsmile agree CYDe

also got to ease up for mods....... :hat:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts