Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2008 TSX that I purchased a couple years ago that had a worn (compressed) bottom seat pad in the driver's seat. Thankfully replacement foam pads are available from Acura, so that can be procured for the repair. Will the seat heating element (or anything else) also need to be replaced if I have the pad repaired? Will anything else like clips be destroyed taking it apart? Guess my question should be, "what are all of the parts required to do this repair?" (I'm not totally opposed to taking it to an automobile upholstery shop for the repair.)

In the mean time, can I swap the seat pads between the driver's and passenger's seats without damaging anything (like the seat heaters)? Is it a simple unbolt the pad, unplug the wire connector, and move to the other side type of repair?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have a 2008 TSX that I purchased a couple years ago that had a worn (compressed) bottom seat pad in the driver's seat. Thankfully replacement foam pads are available from Acura, so that can be procured for the repair. Will the seat heating element (or anything else) also need to be replaced if I have the pad repaired?
The heating element is a thin piece of cloth glued to the seat bottom. It peels off without too much difficulty and can be re adhered using a spray adhesive.

Will anything else like clips be destroyed taking it apart?
If all you're doing is the seat bottom, you can take everything apart without destroying anything. Removing the seat back leather cover will destroy two clips on the bottom side of the plastic map pocket cover.

Guess my question should be, "what are all of the parts required to do this repair?" (I'm not totally opposed to taking it to an automobile upholstery shop for the repair.)
A ratchet set, screwdriver, needle-nose or cutting pliers (to remove the seat cover hog rings), hog ring pliers and hog rings (to reattach the leather cover), and some spray adhesive are all you'll really need to do the job.

can I swap the seat pads between the driver's and passenger's seats without damaging anything (like the seat heaters)
The bottoms are not symmetrical. The passenger bottom looks like the driver but flipped. You might be able to flip them with some modification.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts