Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 06 TSX with 08 Navi DVD in the car now. I don't mind paying for it for the updates and especially every now and then my dealer would throw in promotion on the DVD. But my question is: is it going to slow down the process speed? Knowing that my Navi system is from 06, I am sure they've done some hardware upgrade by now, and there's nothing more annoying than having to wait for the response after clicking (I had an iPhone 3 and upgrading to new iOS is the worst idea ever).

·
Registered
332 Posts
i did mine from 08-12 and there was a noticeable difference in map data. But the system speed seemed pretty much the same. They do revise the mapping software a bit but nothing major enough to make a noticeable difference. Biggest thing was a few places friends and family live were simply not on the 08 map.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The nav DVD won't fix any issues with system really but you should update - your information is 5 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah... I hear you, even though 98% of the times it will find the place, it's still safer to go with the newest. But I guess I will have to wait since right outside my house they are doing a major change to the freeway (traffic light removed, on/off ramp built) I might wait till that's done sometime next year to do the upgrade.

·
DC2 to CL9
85 Posts
I've had luck buying a genuine DVD on eBay that was a year older than the newest. I saved about 50%, and plan to keep doing that every 3-5 years. No need for the newest unless you have the money to throw around, or you travel very often.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I updated mine a few years back and speed was the same. I do notice that searching names of business was a bit better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I updated mine because my house address and street wasn't on the older disc. So for me that in itself was worth it, so I could use the go home option in the navi.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
does anyone know if you can download a version of an updated map, burn it on a dvd and pop it in ??
Why yes, yes you can. You'll need a dual layer DVD to do so.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I have a spare 'backup' copy of a 2012 4.A2 white disc. I noticed the size of the 2012 data was only about 5 gb compared to the 7 GB for the 2011 4.92 disc, everything works flawlessly on it though, I've never had one disc read or nav error to date.

It took a while to figure out which discs and burn method work, I'm very happy with the results though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts