Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As most of you know by now, I've grown very fond of these TPMS devices and really believe in them. So far, no flats but over the last few months I wasn't as lucky.

The benefits of these for the TSX should be very clear by now. But equally important is how much more beneficial they are in high profile vehicles such as SUVs and 4X4 trucks. As most of you should remember, there were many SUV rollovers during the Firestone issue when blowouts were common.

While it is less likely your TSX would suffer a rollover during a high speed blow out, although it is possible, it is more likely your tire would be shredded, wheel damage could occur as well as loss of control and a potential accident.

I guess what I am getting at is I know how useful they are in my own personal vehicles, I do plan to install a system in the 93 Accord too.

But more important is what is your impression? I plan on selling these on my website and want to know what you think about them? In a couple of years, possibly by '05, these will become standard equipment in all vehicles as required by the DOT.

Please leave me your feedback if you think this is something you would be interested in? Of course, if the response is favorable, I plan to offer them on my website for about $199. However, for you guys, it would be $299, just kidding! :D

Seriously, if there is enough interest here I would discount them by 10% depending on the deal I could make with the supplier. But I need to know if you think they are as good as I do? I've spoken to a local Acura dealer here and they are interested in them as a dealer installed item. So far only the MDX has a factory TPMS.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Yes, I would love to have one on my car. Whether I would get a particular system or device would depend on a few things (not particularly the cost), but I've wished for such a thing for many years.

I agree completely about how important it is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.