Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am shopping around for a 06-08 TSX, something with less than 100k. I know there is always a risk when buying a used car. But I am hearing a lot of negative issues, especially with the AC in early models. Are the 06-08 generally a little better?

My question for owners is have you experienced a lot of issues besides general maintenance?

If so, what and how much to fix?

Would you recommend the car to someone else?

Thanks for your help.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
I just passed 180k with no major issues yet.. tranny is kinda loud at idle but it drives perfectly fine

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
I prefer the 06-08 over the 04-05 mainly for the added features..HFL, bump in HP, fog lights, darker reverse lights, MID, TPMS (08). Better creature comforts.

Not entirely sure if the bigger issues were resolved.Just saw an instance where someone with an 07 complained of their compressor going out 6 years and 130k miles later. As an 06 owner, that brings concern. Lol

I would look at 06+ if I were in your shoes.

Mechanically speaking, the only thing the car ever needed aside from regular maintenance was an ect2 sensor that cost $27 to buy and $40 to install.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
My dad bought his 06 brand new with 2 miles on the odometer. He put 132k miles on it. He didn't have one single issue. He of course did the necessary maintenance which is key for any car. Sadly he was T-boned and ended up buying a 2012 TSX Tech.

I have 120k on my 06 6mt and the only real issue I have is a noisy gearbox when the engine is cold.. I'm very pleased with the quality of this car. It reminds me of my old 94 Accord in terms of reliability. Honda did a great job in the design of this car.

The key to any reliable car is regular and preventative maintenance. I baby the shit out of my car, and never use shitty parts on it. OEM > *

·
Registered
170 Posts
I had an 07 TSX and loved it except for the TPMS acting up when it got too cold out. We ended up trading it in for a new MDX in 2010 and had 30K miles from new.

I was happy with it but unhappy withthe TPMS, So when I was searching for a TSX as a daily... I wanted one of two years and three must.

1) Must be 6 Speed
2) Must have Black Interior
3) Must have Nav

Although I prefer the 06, I was only able to locate an 05. Owned it for 2 years, and turn key just oil changed for the past 30k + miles with no issue. Only thing that broke was the driver side power door lock actuator. Otherwise super happy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys, its reassuring to hear about good experiences with the car. Cant wait to find one!

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's the most reliable car I've owned thus far. Just regular maintenance and oil changes during my 4+ years of ownership.

Reactions: chikia12187

·
Registered
160 Posts
2 years and not a simple issue I haven't been able to fix myself in the driveway. Really haven't had to put much money into this car.

Most issues I have had have been common for the 04's anyways, so it wasn't hard to find the solutions online.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am at roughly 66k miles on my '05 TSX. The only thing that has happened to me so far is a bad alternator. Which was relatively cheap to replace. Local shop did it for less than 300 bucks. Other than that no issues. Haven't run into anything crazy yet *knocks on wood*

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
An update to my previous post:

Cylinder #4's ignition coil randomly failed on me. 130$ later and all is well again. Despite the cost, it only took about 5 minutes to fix.
This hot weather is torture for cars (95 degF +)

·
Registered
80 Posts
100k miles on my 06 TSX and this is what I've put since I own it(1 year)

Parts that broke/had to be replaced

-ECT 2 sensor
-ECU (under the recall - free of charge)

Regular maintenance:

- Inner tie rod
- Front link kits
- Alignment

That's it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mine is an '08 Auto with Navi and has 126,000 miles. The only problems I've had are a weak battery and torn lower control arm bushings which i will be replacing soon. It's the most reliable of the 5 cars I've owned. It drives very well too.

My only complaint is the terrible speakers it came with. I switched them all out soon after I bought the car.

My brothers with their BMWs and Audis are soo jealous. Don't get me started on the problems they've had.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Own a 04 TSX, bought new and how has almost 180k. Only things that broke are the passenger door lock actuator, power steering hose (fixed under recall), font engine mount at 147K, A/C compressor at 160k and #3 ignition coil. Have done a lot of regular maintenance.

Great car - very reliable in comparison to other cars I have owned.

·
Registered
198 Posts
06 tsx 125k miles.

Had a faulty 02 sensor at 48k mile mark but was covered under warranty.
Replaced my inner CV axle joint.
Replaced lower Coolant Sensor.

So far so good! I feel a new clutch coming in the future though, not looking forward to that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts