Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting the 2013 tsx, but i am really taking my time so i dont end up with a car im not happy with. There is so much to like about the tsx: looks, mpg, luxury. BUT it also lacks the luxury features that are not in most cars of its class (keyless entry, button start). I mean how on earth is that even possible?

Maybe i should consider a tl. Im looking to get the v6 so as long as the price is under 40k i dont mind. But then again theyre doing a complete redesign.. I feel like i picked the worst time to change cars

What do you guys think? Would you still go with the tsx?

· Registered
114 Posts
I am happy with my pick, but I had a pretty strict requirement of having a manual transmission. Things that make the TSX a great pick to me are:

* Available with 6MT
* Has double-wishbone suspension in the front
* Priced low compared to other cars with same features, is reliable and in-expensive to maintain
* Real-life MPG is great

If you are considering a V6, considering a TL would be a great option if the cost isn't a major concern. To me, lack of push-button start and key-less entry aren't an issue at all, but everyone's needs are different which is totally understandable. If I could swing it, I'd be driving a 6MT SH-AWD TL -- $43,000 price tag is actually not bad at all compared to other cars in it's class.

Stan

· Registered
2,810 Posts
there will be a 2013. it will be the last year though if i remember correctly

if i can pick again?

honestly, i'd pick another car.

don't get me wrong, i love the car, and it's great for its price, although a bit under power, it's enough for daily driving. but maybe i just crave something faster, and rwd haha

· Registered
114 Posts
I really wanted a RWD car, but there isn't much out there with a manual -- G37 sedan and 3-series BMW are pretty much it in similar size, and they are both 40K+ cars. Supposedly, IS250 is an option, but last time I saw a manual one was in 2007 (they are extremely rare) and they just aren't set up as well as the TSX chassi-wise (and are smaller, get worse mileage and are more expensive). The Cadillac ATS is looking interesting.

If you are fine with automatic transmission and FWD/AWD, there are lots of options besides the TSX out there.

Stan

· Registered
1,473 Posts
The ILX is NOT replacing the TSX,it will sit under it in the line up.

Current TSX will continue until end of 2013,as it is still selling very well.

Then TSX and TL wull merge unto one model,and will be called the TLX.

I would buy it again,its such a classy car.

· Registered
1,667 Posts
anthony;879037 Then TSX and TL wull merge unto one model said:
Do you have information on this statement?

· Registered
80 Posts
Do you have information on this statement?
what he is saying is true...i saw on either edmunds or autoguide or something like that.

And to the OP.....if i was in your shoes....i would wait until the next gen Lexus IS models come out because judging by what they have done with the GS and LS.......the IS should look AMAZING and perform at or near BMW standards in terms of driving dynamics.....

Lexus is no longer a soft boring car....go test drive a 2013 GS if ya'll dont believe me

· Registered
1,667 Posts
Hmm it better be pretty bad ass to makeup for lost time and the bad decisions lately. Ie killing the rsx and turning the tsx into a mommy-mobile and then discontinuing it.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

· Registered
2,810 Posts
yup..tsx and tl will make a baby - tlx.

· Usin' skills to pay bills
81 Posts
You make purchases based on your present needs, not what you may have in the future. If you're single, you'll buy a RWD coupe. If you're married, a sedan or SUV. If you got kids, a bigger SUV or Minivan.

My kids are growing fast, and the TSX wagon is getting smaller each month. :( If there was an alternative (something roomy with great MPG), I'd give up the TSX for something else.

Now the Honda Odyssey is looking real sweet to me.

Don't hate.

· pedal damn it
2,900 Posts
You make purchases based on your present needs, not what you may have in the future. If you're single, you'll buy a RWD coupe. If you're married, a sedan or SUV. If you got kids, a bigger SUV or Minivan.

My kids are growing fast, and the TSX wagon is getting smaller each month. :( If there was an alternative (something roomy with great MPG), I'd give up the TSX for something else.

Now the Honda Odyssey is looking real sweet to me.

Don't hate.
^^^ THIS!!!

I couldn't agree with u more.
Well... except for the 'Odyssey' part. LoL
But yes, if ur a family man then room is a must.

· Data scientist/programmer
1,114 Posts
The only <$30k rwd sports car when I bought the car was the miata...

I don't regret getting the tsx when I did, but I am looking at getting the brz/fr-s now.

· Registered
1,046 Posts
Well honestly I've wanted the TSX since it came out. I like the idea of a reliable, modest, sport-luxury sedan. My alternative to this car was a manual is300. Inline 6 and rear wheel drive? Yes please! My only complaint was the terrible mpg and that most of them were beat on.

· &#26410;&#26469;&#12408;&#12392;
2,254 Posts
I probably won't pick the TSX again, I like to try new things and I don't like missing out on what others have to offer. Besides I'll keep it till I die :)

For my next car I want to try out Subaru, but that won't happen till I finish college.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.