Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
hmm i would want to see someone with it 1st....could put a lot of strain on the tranny and of course it does void all engine and
tranny warrenties on the car...the problem is nitrous leaves a blue residue on the engine so the dealer would find out...but its definately interesting

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AC TL said:
hmm i would want to see someone with it 1st....could put a lot of strain on the tranny and of course it does void all engine and
tranny warrenties on the car...the problem is nitrous leaves a blue residue on the engine so the dealer would find out...but its definately interesting
I agree , i will also wait to see if anyone else will do it then put it on my car :p

·
Registered
97 Posts
i would never put nitrous on a street car....too risky of blowing something...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if its not alot of shots would be fine.. my friend runs 75 shots on his maxima with an automatic and he is fine..

·
Registered
97 Posts
yeah but still, too risky...

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
Yes you can blow your engine using nitrous....but there are many myths behind it and most people don't know much about it.

Nitrous, turbos, and superchargers (SC) can be safe, reliable, and produce substantial hp gains if tuned properly. The myth most people buy into is that it will wreck your engine. Some joker back in the day put way too much nitrous on his car with not enough fuel, which caused detonation.

Detonation is when something beside the spark plug ignites the air/fuel mixture before the spark plug ignites it on the upward stroke of the piston cycle.

Most ECU's can accomodate the air/fuel mixture when using a smaller shot of nitrous. At maximum, you are never to add more than 25 hp per cylinder without upgrading the bottom end and fuel delivery system.

Nitrous is a good bang for the buck. If you are looking to add some decent hp and don't have the cash for a turbo, all-motor, or SC, look into nitrous as an alternative. Look at the NOS (Holley), ZEX, and Nitrous Express websites, they have a great deal of information and an informative FAQ section.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the car could handle a 50 shot dry fine you could probably use it quite often too

·
Registered
89 Posts
hmmm by the end of this week my 100 shot will be in along with my apexi VAFC....ill post up the dyno once its complete

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can't use a dry shot. Since this car has no return fuel line, you'll have to use a wet shot to compensate for the loss of fuel.

A 50 shot would be fine on this car. (Even 75)

However, I'd rather see an SC or Turbo installed first. :)

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts