Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been asked today that if i ever had the chance to get any color TSX, which color would it be.

at first, i wanted a CGP, then i thought of burgundy. But driving everyday in my SSM, i kind of got used to it, so i hesitated and said that i didn't know haha.

If you had you re-pick the color of your TSX, would you stick to your current paintjob?

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
I'll keep my ABP :ben:

I was actually asked if I had custom paint. The guy said my friend has a TSX didn't know they came in blue :laugh:

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Black never goes out of style. So, no I would not repaint my car.

This gathering has never happened before and I've never seen the carbon colored one here before either, but in my apartment parking lot, the carbon one and the dark blue one were just chillin there so I slipped in and got a group shot. :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
I really love the color of my Accord, but the paint has some damages on it. If I were to spray I would either go with white or black.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
When I was looking for a TSX, my original color of choice was PWP. After 6 months of owning my NBP. Don't think I'd switch. I'd never repaint a car though... At least a different color.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'd go even whiter. Or piano black.

·
Registered
64 Posts
In regard to repainting, changing a car's color is a major undertaking, as you need to do the door jams, under the trunk lid, in the engine bay, under the hood, etc...(areas most shops don't normally paint without a significant extra time charge), or it just doesn't look right. So, I'd suggest keeping whatever color you have.

I think all the TSX colors look good for varying reasons. Honda/Acura did a good job, and did not produce any ill-fitting colors.

With that said, I have never owned a black car before this one...and yes, it shows dirt quickly, (as does white). But wow, is black beautiful when clean. (I like PWP when it's clean, too.)

On the TSX, black makes all the rubber trim, seals and black window borders disappear, making it seamless, flowing from front to back...and it seems to make the TSX transcend the look of an entry level luxury car. I've had many people ask me if the car is a BMW. (Maybe that happens with other colors, too.)

All I know is, black looks luxurious and serious/badass at the same time...until the next rain/snowstorm, that is. :laugh:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, i wanted a black tsx before, but the scorching heat of the summer isn't something i wanted to cope with along with having leather seats and most likely tinted windows.

i got asked for fun before my friend who asked me, knew someone who does a great job for around 3k. I didn't need a paintjob and it never crossed my mind.

it's just the fact of having the same car/color for so long, in the long run there's could be change of hearts, it was out of curiosity.

I want to try to plasti-dip my whole car one day, that would be interesting, but knowing me. i wouldnt waste money on that haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts