Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the paint on the tsx cheap or something??? i was getting something out of my trunk earlier and slid it on the rear bumper a little... and it took off paint... wtf... and the dealer forgot to give me a tube of touch up... god wtf... this just pisses me off... of all the other cars ive had the paint hasnt rubbed off that easy....

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I agree basically, and it seems everybody else does too.
Doesn't bother me that much though. :donno:

I don't know if it's just specifically the TSX, or if it's most cars in general now.
Some people said the paint on cars in general is flimsier than it used to be because of environmental requirements. To know for sure, we'd have to compare the TSX to other '04's, and I have no idea how it is on other cars, mainly because this isn't something that matters very much to me so I don't pay attention.

But I think most other people do care more about it, and they probably have noticed or heard what's the story with other new cars......

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
It used to bother me..now I don't really care..as much.. My car has soo many bug guts, you can't even tell there are paint chips :D

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
11 Posts
cheap paint?

yes I agree. The paint can come off too easily, but I think it's that way for all acura's. I know someone with a TL and it has happened to him. I've lucked out so far.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Honda = cheap paint

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's a lot like your first broken heart...Once you recover, you never get hurt quite as bad. Some jerk dinged my rear passenger door 3 weeks after I bought my new G35. I was depressed for a week, but then I realized that it was all part of the break in period. Besides, if it bugs you that much, you can always take it to a detail shop once/year and get the hood/doors touched up and buffed back to near perfection. Remember, you're the only person who gives those chips/dings a moments thought.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My Dad just bought a TSX. Is there a problem?

:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
my old wrx, Now that had some crappy paint. I thought the paint on my tsx is much better then the subaru. Althought my front end is all chipped up but oh well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, I've noticed the Arctic Blue Pearl just loves to collect scratches. Even if I park far in some forgotten corner of a lot without a soul around, I will return to my car only to find a handful of new scratches. I swear that even an errant mosquito crashing into the side of the car will render yet another new scratch.

·
The Bay State
931 Posts
rjmst80 said:
Yeah, I've noticed the Arctic Blue Pearl just loves to collect scratches. Even if I park far in some forgotten corner of a lot without a soul around, I will return to my car only to find a handful of new scratches. I swear that even an errant mosquito crashing into the side of the car will render yet another new scratch.
HAHA Too True! Damn Mosquitos!! What bugs me is how fast it begins to rust. Yo ACURA are you listening! :madfawk:

G

·
Sorry man, my paint sucks too. The plastic bumpers look like the came off a two year old car. They are pretty dark after only 3 months. The paint is INCREDIBLY thin, especially on the roof. It chips off easily.....it just blows.

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
you gotta treat the TSX like a ferrari when it comes to parking and such.

the paint definitely is cheap, my hood looks like i left spackles of white wax on it (chips). the acura paint pen works pretty well, just use a toothpick to apply a drop over the chip, and let it settle on its own, DO NOT place the pen directly onto the chipped area, the paint wont be even, let gravity do the work. even if it doesn't look good after you touch it up, rusting wont be an issue in the future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did everyone else get a touch-up pen with their cars, or was my dealership the only cheap [email protected]@rds not to include it? I think that with every other car my family has bought brand new, we always got touch-up paint included.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
yea i no right... mah dads piece of shyt protege came with touch up paint n emergancy kit n our shyt didnt come with jack shyt....

bobbyg123... no prob man... ilove the g35... was supposed to get that... good lookin out for ur popz tho

·
The Peoples Champ
609 Posts
A bird shit on my hood and after 3 hours it ate thru the clearcoat

i have a meeting with acura on the 17th
to talk about detailing the hood or repainting it

:banghead:

·
Registered
37 Posts
All cars have lousy paint now, but Subaru may just be the worst, followed by Mazda. FWIW, plastic/urethane parts are especially prone to damage, since the paint must, of necessity, be softer on these items, due to flex and additives are added to make the paint flex with the part.

·
TSX owner since 12/27/05
193 Posts
i know this is an old thread but it came up when i searched for touch up paint but f*ck! i think it is pretty cheap paint... I was putting my moms luggage in my trunk and i hit my bumper... i scraped off a good amount of paint.im surprised how easily the paint came off. im pretty mad but i guess ill just get some touch up paint

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bummer dude. Ive had many bird craps on my Civic and the paint was perfectly fine after a few days. Also had one big one on my Euro's bumper - it was fine washing it 5 days later.

Maybe the bird ate some KFC before crapping on the car :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts