Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
DJFuzze
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was plowing up one of my local roads today (twistys) behind an S2K, kept up the whole time. Are TSX's faster than S2K's?

·
I like rice
433 Posts
It could have been a number of things. He could have been a new stick driver, or just taking it slow and enjoying the ride, or his 1st time on that road.

But with the same driver, the s2k is faster then the tsx.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
+1 to the above, must have just been driving conservatively, otherwise an S2k could leave us in the dust :(

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
he just didnt hit vtec yet

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
He probably wasn't even paying any attention to you. Either that or he was smiling and shaking his head:loser:

·
Registered
17 Posts
well if were talking about straight line torque the TSX is pretty slow. but throw in a few curves into the equation and i feel the TSX can hold its own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
well if were talking about straight line torque the TSX is pretty slow. but throw in a few curves into the equation and i feel the TSX can hold its own.
you're comparing rwd + lsd vs fwd + no lsd.... i'm sorry but an AP1/2 will smoke any stock / lightly modded CL7/9.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
HP is what pulls ahead on straight lines. TSXs lack both HP and TQ though, so it doesn't really matter :laugh: Some extra TQ would help pull the car out of the corner though.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You guys are silly, but I'll play. Yes the TSX is not fast by any means but it can hold its own. The s2k is definitely a better car but understand the OP is talking about twisties and I'm guessing the daytime since he said "today." Ergo, when it comes to pushing the limits on public backroads/twisties, I am more inclined to push it harder in a FWD platform(the tsx) that is just going to understeer. No biggie. In an s2k, I would definitely be taking more precaution unless I knew that road inside and out and was doing it at night. Imagine going hard into a turn in an s2k and cheating the lanes a bit and then throttling off midway through a turn/ because you saw a car coming towards you last minute. Trust me, no bueno.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I own both and a stock tsx will not keep up with an s2k even remotely trying to move.
Sorry he/she must have just been enjoy the view.

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
its funny how i see a lot of guys say the s2k is faster. it was the same thing with the is300 as well. Maybe i've just lined up against bad drivers, but stock for stock in a str8 line the tsx is the underdog imo and comes out victorious, i understand backroads and twisties are a dfferent story, never done it with an s2k so I wouldn't know, but as far as an equal as possible run,(two car lengths!) When I ran an few IS300's i'm 3-1 right now.

I really think certain situations depend on the driver, the tsx has a longer wheelbase so i think with the right driver, it should or almost be able to be kissin an s2's ass.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts