Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally installed my XM commander in the TSX. I decided that the sunglass holder would be the perfect place (being as I don't wear sunglasses anyway) It still flips up and disappears.

The install was fairly simple and only had to drill a small hole in the back of the sunglass holder (if I take the xm unit out, you really can't see the hole)

Stuart

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually about $110 with shipping ... there is an infiniti dealer in Texas (www.grubbsinfiniti.com) that was selling the commanders for $99 plus $11 shipping. I just checked the site and they have gone up to $149

They do sell on ebay for around $115 - $120 all the time however.

Other than the unit, thats it! (except for a piece of velcro to mount in the sunglass holder) :)

The entire install was fairly easy with little modification to the car.

I will try to post some instructions on my installation a bit later if anyone is interested.

Stuart

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
sjavera said:
I will try to post some instructions on my installation a bit later if anyone is interested.
That would be great, as I am very interested. BTW, did you have to mount an antenna for the WX radio?
Thanks again! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah ... the xm commander kit comes with a very small magnetic antenna (you can mount it with double sided tape if you want - the tape comes in the kit) I mounted mine directly above the back glass and ran the wire around the back glass and into the trunk. I didn't want a gaudy antenna on my roof but this does not look bad at all and the reception is excellent.

Some owners are just placing them on the rear trunk deck near the third brake light. I'm not sure how good the reception is but others has said that its fine.

I will try to post a pic of the antenna soon.

Stuart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts