Acura TSX Forum banner

Will you keep XM service after trial period?

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 41.7%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is for all the 05 owners that have XM standard. I am just curious how many people are choosing to keep the service after the 3 month trial period. Personally I like it a lot but am on the fringe.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Hell, I'd get it if I could. Keep it ... XM in general is widely accepted and most probably will be the benchmark or standard of radio transmission.

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do agree XM is the future of radio, like cable TV was back in the day for TV scene. I love the uncensored programming and no commercials.

Have you guys heard any of Sirius' programming, is it better, worse or pretty much the same as XM?

I ask b/c Howard Stern, as you probably know, is moving to Sirius soon, the guy is pretty funny and popular. He could very well boost Sirius into the front of the pack of satellite radio providers.
I even heard Eminem is starting a station on Sirius.

From my experience so far XM is pretty top notch. Just wondering what your opinions are....

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
I have the 04 TSX, so I do not have XM.. but I did in my 04 TL
To be honest, I am going with Sirius for two reason's. One being that they carry NHL/NFL games. The NHL is the big one for me (if and when we ever get any game's again :( )
But the real reason I am going with Sirius Radio has been mentioned above. I will follow The King Of All Media to Sirius radio, and to be honest, I can't wait to hear his show uncensored!! :woot:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
What?? XM doesn't have NHL games?? :shock:

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No it doesn't have NHL or NFL, well not really. It has to ESPN stations that play random stuff.

Do you guys think there will be any way to convert my factory installed XM receiver to Sirius if I decide to make the switch?

·
Registered
77 Posts
i hope one day Xm and sirius will soon buy each other out - that way we can have the best of both worlds (Opie and ANthony, Howard stern, NFL, MLB) - it should be like Cable, & DIsh network - different carrier same channels!!!!!

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be awesome, best of both worlds. One can only hope...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts